1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Grande Punto 1.4 Emo Pk

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by mhitesh, Apr 17, 2011.

1. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Took the delivery of my Punto FTA on Baisaakhi without registration. Mom did some pooja at home first and I didn't get a chance to take out the car due to office work. Took the car out on the weekend and it feels really good to drive and is pretty smooth. Performance of the inbuilt music system is much better than my expectations and also the performance of the AC is good.
    The Blue & Me is good however it messes up once in a while with the Voice recognition and I would say 9 out of 10 times it is perfect. Just the system is a bit confusing with too many buttons on the dash and the steering, overall it is good.

Now for the problem that I am facing from day one. After doing a PDI, took the car towards home. I got the delivery guy with me till home at the time of delivery to make sure that he knows of any problems that arise during the journey. I noticed some "Thup" kinda sound coming in from uneven and bouncy road surfaces which is not the normal sound. I updated the same to the delivery guy who was with me and he said to check the tyre pressure since it could be a bit high or low. After reaching home I informed the sales guy and he said that the delivery person has made him aware of the same and he also suggested to check the tyre pressure and if the issue persists than I can bring the car to the showroom, since I couldn't get time on the weekdays I took the car out on Saturday night to make sure about the noise. Yes it was still there and coming when the speeds were over 30 on uneven and bouncy surfaces.
    Sunday I took the car to the petrol pump to get the tyre pressure checked and found the pressure to be 37-38 in all the tyres which is much higher than specified. After getting the pressure to 30 in all the tyres I hit the road and the sound though a bit less now was still audible sighting some problems with the car. I am not aware if it is related to the suspension or some alignment issues.

The car is pretty good to drive but guys I would need your help on this issue. I have uploaded some pics but not sure how to share it on this page of the forum.
  2. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Punto 1.jpg Punto 2.jpg Punto 3.jpg Punto 4.jpg Punto 5.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  3. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    congrats on your new ride :D
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    mhitesh,

Congratulations on getting the stylish Grande Punto

Wish you Happy Miles ahead !!!

Regarding that noise, Visit TASC again to get it checked. Yes, when tyre pressure is high, such noise arises when you hit a pothole/ edge on the road.
  5. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @mhitesh , congrats bro!!have fun with your punto!...as per your pics, i believe that you live exactly opposite to airoli station's car parking lot, am i right? im in datta meghe collage bro..i use same road for ma collage. Lets meet up some day,when im around ma collage
    sorry for being:eek:fftopic
  6. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Thx Everyone

Thanks everyone for the wishes. I will put in a detailed review after driving for the first 1000 Kms

Yes, I do live Opposite to the Rly Stn. Parking is almost nil in my building. We will surely meet up.
  7. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Stud Bearing Problem

I got my Punto checked today for the issue from the front wheel. First I was told it is some stud bearing issue from the wheel, later when the car was opened there was something loose in the suspension which was corrected and now the car is back to normal, no sound.
  8. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Congrats on owning a superb caR!
    Enjoy and drive safe.
  9. Hi Hitesh, congrats on your new ride.
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hello Hitesh!, the color is cool dude, i have the same for my corolla in Kuwait, You will be used for the buttons on the steering wheel and the dash as you are in the cockpit,
    So the treatment was good at the time of delivery, How many Fiats were delivered on the day any idea.
    take care and drive safe