1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Grande Punto 1.3 Active ICE suggestion

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by extr3mex, Jun 22, 2014.

1. extr3mex

extr3mex Amatore

Cochin
    Hi fiatians :D,

I have been wanting to ICE my punto for a while and its time now. I am planning to get the speakers setup without drilling any holes to prevent rattling/vibrations. I will be going for components at front and regular speakers at back. I am leaning towards Alpine due to SQ and VFM. I am looking for decent entry/mid-range speakers.

Below are the configurations that I have in mind. I also have a 2-channel 250w Amp with me which I plan to use for this setup. I also do have a pair of Pioneer 6x9 speakers atm in the rear tray. I am open to suggestions, feel free to provide me your suggestions :smile:.

Front Components: Alpine SPS-610C 6.5" (OR) Alpine - SPG 17CS 6.5"
    Back Speakers: Alpine SPS-510 5.25" (OR) Alpine SPG-13C2 5.25"

Music Genre: Alternate Metal/Heavy Metal (Metallica, Disturbed , LP etc) , lots of Dubstep (Skrillex, Dj Datsik etc) and some Rap/Hip-Hop.

Query: Is it possible to install 6.5" coaxials at the back without drilling ? And how about the spacers? :confused1

Other Options:

Front Components: JBL GTO609C Components / Hertz - DSK 165.3 <- (Are the DSK series good entry levels?)
    Rear Speakers: any JBL equivalent speakers

I have seen a quite a few speakers in snapdeal for good prices for Alpine/JBL ~6.5k for comps and about 3.5-4k for rear speakers after discount. Are they real/fake ones?

I am willing to purchase it online/from local store. Any one know where to get Alpine dealers in Cochin?

Please go post your valuable suggestions. If you have a good configuration around 10k+/-1k, please post it here. Thank you in advance.

Regards
  2. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    Avoid dsk. Not a vfm option

Sent from my A250 using Tapatalk
  3. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    qeve8aga.jpg
    Try comps from focal- auditor series. Better vfm.

extr3mex likes this.
  4. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    Rear , uptil 5.5" can be accomodated with spacers.

5. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    Try galaxy

6. extr3mex

extr3mex Amatore

Cochin

ok. Thnx. I wil check there. Do you know if they have focal/alpine there?

- - - Merged Post - - -

ok. Thanks for the suggestion.
  7. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    They do have focal, hertz, jbl morel etc. And the guy is knowledgeable. Contact guy - Muneem

8. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    098 46 911666 - muneem

9. khoj

khoj Amatore

Dilli
    Small World, even I was going to refer Muneem's name. He is travelling to Bangalore currently but should be able to help you out nevertheless. Remember to audition as much as possible before deciding.

He might be able to help you out with the mounting cage too, Ciao

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    First of all, drilling alone does not cause rattling or vibrations. I have 6.5" JBL GTO 608c in the front and 6.5" co-axials in the rear doors. Both the speakers (front as well as rear) are mounted on MDF spacer rings.

I would not recommend a 5.5" co-axial. Woofer size matters they say.

Regarding buying online, I bought a Pioneer HU from Snapdeal this March. They were offering around 30-40% discount on a few models. If you are getting a good deal then go for it but first do check for seller's reputation (score out of 5 based on feedback).
    extr3mex and asimpleson like this.