1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Grand Punto Dynamic MJD...

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Manilruben, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    Now that my red baby has arrived ..here are a few intresting stories behind the sene ...

Though being the third car after Hyundau Getz , Ford Fiesta , Optra Magnum..this car is replacent of my Hyundai Getz ..

DAD Was for Fiat Punto though he had soft corner for german car maker VW POLO :-?..we did test drive the polo and found everything good then we tested the punto apparantly the demo car was in bad shape :uh ..now it was little tougher for me to convience him on the punto that is when my mom came in as a great help,one word " i dont like the looks of polo" my father put in his atmost effort to convience her but in vain :dancing and the good part in my family one does not like or not getting convinced then it does not come in ...so punto got in to level 60%..now my wife UFFFFF:confused: ..she drove both and one answer "Punto"..::T Luckily my sister lives in Dubai and she had the least say . MY father gave a nod for punto after lot of heated arguments and reviews:clapvery common in my family . Now it is my job to scout around the the right dealer & price ...with all the toil got the best deal from TAFE for 6.20 Lak :)+ Free Coupon + Mud flaps + Door mats with a waiting period of 75 days because of color red .:A

Next was to make money for all the mods i wanted , browsed and googled caught hold of TRS Matt for my projectors, then head banged in to LAL for Alloys and tyres ordered H 231 and 195/55/14 CPC2 , then drove to Powerzone for ICE and the painter . After going through the list and price it was almost close to 100k:thumbs down ..then as usual got some loan from Dad but this time it was a straight nod from him :dancing
    To my suprise i receive a Cal from TAFE stating my car has arrived :dance yeah , wanted to see , zoomed to Tafe's Yard at Nungambakkam found her in a different color :eek: yeah no no full of dirt & sand so bit angry gave a piece of my mind to my SE :punchthen she was very co operative one Hour later the car was washed and standing spick and span :wow3 days later got the car registered ,and 10.15 August 23rd 2011 got in to the car with my family:redcar drove straight to Besant nagar church , prayed to god ,dropped every one home , straight to LAL at whites road for Alloys , changed everything , then drove to POWER ZONE as usual our man was busy . Tomorrow was the day for my ICE came home driving listining to the best ICE any car in the world can get :confused: my own voice HE HE:devilface

Went to TAFE for my SIL Plates and spoiler as usual they were out of stock:uh so i had to book them would take another 30 days..

Next day went to Power zone , choice of Kenwood HU + MTX Comp + Woofer + FLI Amp fitted them , total man hrs was about 5 hrs , then the entire set up was tuned to my liking and taste add another 30 min, by evening 6 good music in my PUNTO :p

Nest morning drove to Jain Cras for the red Grill , the road was in a jam so had to wait for 1 Hr then reached jain cars , the entire bumber was removed red grills fitted awesome sound ..:eek:..tinted the glass with ray barrier extremely good , i feel it is better than V cool:confused: since my optra magnum has it .

Here is the pending list as of now ..

My Moromoto Projector & Blazzer Fogs is in transit ..will take another 10 days :twisted:.. need to smoke my Head lamps & Partially the Rear Tail Light ..Oh my god i forgot ...running away to order my IND number plates ...:steering
    Will post pic after everyting is done :bye
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    congratulations, u seems super duper excited
    where are the pics mate

planning on fitting the projectors yourself(do pm the cost involved) ???
  3. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    Phew thanks , really excited in deed my fiesta is snooring now for long ,
    yes .. i have done a quad fit on my fiesta ..now on my punto as well will PM you the details
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Manilruben congratulations for new car, awaiting for pics of your car
  5. Congrats Manilruben !!! Mine too is an Exotic Red 90 HP. Reading your post shows how exicited you are with the punto. But Where are the Pics ???? Pics would make us too excited.

Where would you order the IND number plates? I am planning to go for it.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  6. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks srida..

As far the pic i would but then the baby will look is half dressed without the entire cosmetics so just a few days ...wil post the pic ..

Now the number plates you can get it from signage in Nandanam these guys are inbetween after DSC hyundai show and Nandanam telephone exchange office on the first floor . The plates little costly but it is worth they really make good quality ones .
  7. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    wow i felt like i want to get up and start modifying my car as well. but i dont have a punto. if we dd not need a family car than i would have bought the punto.
    though i have a red uno in good shape but it is too old to spend on cosmetics now. enjoy the red punto
  8. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    Phew i have sent a PM with details for the projectors hope u receive it since it is the first PM i am too sure whether it reched if not pls PM me back so as to reply
  9. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks Kedar...

Will at the earliest , if after long planning the projector guys delayed it
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    received ur pm me, a Phew more queries