1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Grand Punto Deal Or no Deal

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by bennick12, Jan 2, 2012.

1. bennick12

bennick12

Goa
    According to the SE fiat has cleared all 2011 stock from factory. Only availability is with dealers, there are no 2011 models of petrol in stock only Diesel.

Still in two minds the on road price works out to 4.27 on road, which i think is a very good price for an Emotion Pk.

What are the common car related issues that might crop up form are car standing for almost two years..
  2. Bennick12 ,
    If I was in your position I wont go for this deal / trap . Reasons being :

1.As all people over here pointed out it is 2010 Feb manufactured which is almost 2 years old . Even if they write in their letter that it is not a TD car or not a accident repaired one I wonder how we can confirm that if at later point of time any issues come.

2.In 2 years if the odo says it has run only 67kms ( or 267 kms if 'H' is not displayed ) then you can imagine how long the engine should have been idle .

3.Even if you would have got a second hand car for the same amount which has run few thousand kms I will say it will be a better deal than what you have currently .

Still if you are going for this deal , Do a thorough PDI . Specially for rust in engine bay / below the car mats .

Ajit
  3. bennick12

bennick12

Goa
    The engine bay looks pretty neat, they prob washed it before i visited the showroom. No rust from the engine bay only around the Disc... The 'H' On the Odo is still showing,
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Very interesting and intriguing at the same time.Why did this particular car never got sold in two years? Did you enquire about the history of this car?

I m suspecting here, but could it be that this particular car got damaged in transit or in the stockyard and the dealer never sold it then, but later repaired it. How does the paint look. Can you let us know the manufacturing date on the tires. Is the dealer offering extended warranty along with the deal? As you can see, there are way too many variables to consider such an old car.

On the technical side, petrol does NOT like to sit in tanks for long. It turns to a sticky varnish type substance. So, there can be a varnish deposition in the fuel tank, the fuel lines, the fuel pump, the injectors. Cleaning and removing every bit of it is not an easy task.Haggle the dealer more over price. The dealer should be grateful someone is enquiring over such an old car. Get the dealer down to 4 lacs or so.

Make the decision wisely and keep us posted.

Edit- Is the car emission standard BS3 or BS4 ?
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. issac

issac Timido

Ernakulam
    Guys, came across a sheet which I got while I took a TD of Punto 2 months ago, so thought of sharing it :p

DSC03193.jpg DSC03194.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  6. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    This is really interesting, could be the car was used as showroom display. But i would still be very wary of this car. Please take a Car Mechanic or a Denter with you to check if the car is accidental.
  7. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    This may be the reason it got dammaged during transit & repaired, But H is showing means they didn't use the car. If its BS4 E Pack, then ask dealer to reduce the price.
    with max 4 L this will be good buy, but check this car thoroughly before finalize the deal.