1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

grand punto 1.3 75 hp

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sameergoel77, Jan 8, 2014.

1. sameergoel77

sameergoel77 Novizio

delhi
    hello everyone and i am happy to be the new member of this wonderful site which gave the pros and cons of everything without any bias and i think this site with its very helpful members helped in making my decision to go for fiat punto. i had booked my punto 1.3 75 hp (white) dynamic in 3rd week of december and would be taking delivery on friday .after reading lots of reviews about different cars for over last 6 months i had made my mind in sep , oct 2013 that i should go for fiat punto . but at that time there were no or less discounts . and i thought diesel car would be no good considering the the price at that time . but in december the AD came about 1 lakh discount and that i think did it for me .
    well now its delivery time now i am thinking of changing the tyres from the showroom itself as many of the tftians has suggested that both active and dynamic tyres width is less compared to emotion . so should i change the tyres or the stock tyres are good enough ?
  2. lurker

lurker

India
    I am in same boat as yourself, just took delivery of a PW dynamic punto diesel today. Will give feedback after some miles under belt.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  3. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Congratulations Sameer and Lurker,
    Appreciate if you guys can pendown the buying experience with loads of pics of your beauties.

Welcome to TFI!
  4. sameergoel77

sameergoel77 Novizio

delhi
    nice lurker , good luck and congratulations for the new punto . whats the otr you got on punto. would be eager to know your experience of driving this beautiful machine .

- - - Merged Post - - -

ty mchanna .
  5. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Congrats on your new punto! :) Did the dealer have the stock at his yard or did they order it for you?
  6. lurker

lurker

India
    hi sameergoel, my online for this was 6.37. Road Tax in my neck of woods is at 8% for this class of car, I believe it's only 4% in Delhi. Spent an extra 6K for mudflaps, mats & reverse sensors. Opted out of extended warranty.

And mchanna, thanks for your wishes. The car is still lying back home and yet to see it personally. Buying experience for me personally could be termed as 'Outstanding' with the most helpful and co-operative sales executive I could get. He has been in contact with me since past 1 year, regularly enquiring if my plan finalized etc. I am simply bowled over with that level of commitment on display. It has been a pleasure, hope the level of commitment stands in after-sales experience as well.

mnranjeeth, if that question is directed to me. Yes they had 3 PW Dynamic GP MJD in their yard. Asked VIN and received VIN, it was Oct 13 mfg date.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Sameer,

Congratulations on buying a Punto, Welcome to the Punot club and TFI family:dance. Has the car been delivered? If the stock tyres on the Punto are Apollo Acceleres, then I sould suggest stick to it. They are noisy but are rugged and have a good raod grip. If you want to go for a silent tyre, then opt for Michelin XM2+, but they have softer walls and are more prone to punctures. Take a call accordingly. I would suggest get the tyre swapping done at a reputed tyre dealer and ask them to do the wheel alignment/balancing as a freebie.

@lurker - You are lucky to pay 8%, we in maharashtra had to pay 11%. So have you bought the extended warranty or not?:? If not suggest you get it at the earliest. Will be a lot helpful.
  8. sameergoel77

sameergoel77 Novizio

delhi
    ty ghodlur ,could not get the delivery today , will do it in day or two. well i talked with the executive he said it would be most probably Good Year tyres , and when i asked can i change them to 185/r14 he said it would create problem in the insurance policy. so you cannot change the tyres , else do it on your own risk .
    1 person likes this.
  9. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3

It depends on what you compare it against! :-D We in karnataka pay 13% for the high quality, super smooth and wide roads that the government provides us!!! :cool:
    2 people like this.
  10. lurker

lurker

India
    Ok, first drive is over. Driven for some 32 odd kms today. Good power and smooth pickup. Original tyres are JK Tornado, though undertyred at 165/70/R14 I plan to retain them till 35K for now since these seem to be adequate for my needs for the moment. Opened the hood to see sound deadening material under the bonnet, this seems to be a new development as I do not recall Fiat supplying earlier GP models with sound deadening insulation under bonnet. Dashboard is way too high and it would have given me some comfort if it were slightly lower, but still it's ok, no big issues for me. Shorter people might have issues with this.

Surge of power after 2K RPM feels nice, a good sales exec (Excellent sales exec) also gave me complimentary CD with the stereo. Also the stereo sounds very decent and nice volume peak, I am quite satisfied with it. Now who was talking about the GP Active/Dynamic Stereo systems being weak may be going slightly overboard, It is pretty decent with good volume levels no serious distortions at the higher volume. For a non-connoisseur like myself, it is highly satisfactory.

Dead Pedal is a issue while pressing clutch, looks like I need more streamlined slippers/shoes for driving this car, it is quite irritating to always tip the DP while going for the clutch. Seat thigh support and lumbar support are very good if the front seat is pushed fully back, since I have long arms I do not have a problem with reach in case seat is pushed fully back. But then the folks sitting right at the back of the driver may not be entirely pleased as leg space for them is at a high premium. Pictures shall soon follow.
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014