1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Grand Punto 1.2 (White angel !!)

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by svvickky, Feb 19, 2013.

1. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    Challenged Punto for mileage!!

Am sure lots of you would have done great speeds in highways in beloved fiat cars. I wanted to challenge my punto for mileage for a change :)
    One fine morning decided to start little early to office. The "kitna dethi hai" thought flashed my mind, immediately Reset my trip B meter from my house parking.

Was just curious to see how punto responds to my best fuel saving driving style !!

Driving Style followed
    1. Minimal use of clutch.
    2. Always maintained 2k rpm , very rarely touched 2.5
    3. Top speed of only 65 km/hr
    4. Never drove on neutral, I understand how dangerous it is from the learning I got from you guys in forums :)
    5. always switched off Engine at signals
    6. No AC, its bangalore and morning 8 AM :) ( this should have definitely played a significant role though)

Traffic:
    Minimal traffic , I would say there was small stretch of bumper to bumper traffic ( Near tin factory and nagavara )

Total distance: (From Marathali to Manyata tech Park) -20 kms (includes climbing my office muti-level parking for 3 levels)

It was all the while WOW !! seeing the mileage display..

It was 16 Km/l once i parked my car :) !! couldn't click a pic of it though :( ,

It was a staggering 16.5 Km/l before i took my office parking, climbing 3 levels reduced it to 16
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    That's really good mileage figures :up

Maintain the tyre pressure as per the spec. and try again :)
  3. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Awesome figures there!
    What was the average speed and the total kms?
  4. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    Sure. !! i checked tyre pressure just before couple of days of my drive :). May be next time will check it on same day

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks !!
    I didn't check the AVG speed on the console. total Kms for 22.

I have already done a long drive for 90 kms on a highway with top speed of 80 km/hr and got a mileage of 16.5 Km/L. But it was a highway and without AC & only me and my dad :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey @svvickky

Had a question, are you driving on the Highway with your windows rolled down even slighly down to allow ventillation ?
  6. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    Hi Anup,
    Yes when i drove without AC, window was little down. But it was pretty cold out, so i didn't feel the heat inside
  7. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is a main reason for your FE to be low on Highway, the drag effect due to your window rolled down decreased FE considerably.
    Instead the best practice is to roll all the 4 windows up completly, turn the AC and keep the Temp knob at the Center or just 1 click below the center and Fan speed to 1 or 2.. Drive with a constant speed of 80 kms and you will see a decent FE number.</SPAN>
    Saket Sidana likes this.
  8. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    Thanks Anup, wil definitely try this next time.

- - - Merged Post - - -

has any one updated ECU in bangalore ??
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/fiat-india-news/11724-ecu-update-punto-1-2-fiat-india.html
  9. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    Talked with KHT service, with (barath) he is not aware of any ECU update for Punto 1.2 :(
  10. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3