1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Grand Punto 1.2 (White angel !!)

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by svvickky, Feb 19, 2013.

1. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    My First Service at 4500 KMS

Hi fiatians, My punto got its first service last saturday at KHT fiat.

Overall Experience: Good

Issues that I Reported: Reverse Gear not engaging (happens rarely)- Not sure if really fixed
    Lots of scratches and bruises all around car - Partially fixed by rubbing compound - Pretty happy with the work done
    Rattling Noise from rear - Fixed High Silencer Noise, audible when accelarating - Fixed (Some nut was loose)
    Rear bumper misaligned - Not fixed :( .. they claim it requires the complete bonnet to be removed and fixed again. They really not ready to do that. Some how they convince me sayings its not a big issue.

Brief Description:

Booking: Called up KT and asked for an appointment for my first service. Luckily got it confirmed on saturday morning at 9 AM.

Experience at KHT: I was there by morning 9:10, but already had 2-3 puntos waiting and being inspected. so i waited for my turn. Mr.Bharath who inspected car was patient enough to hear my complaints and noted down what ever issues i had. I asked for fixing the scratches in car. He quoted an hefty 16k :( and said it wil be covered in insurance. I didnt wanna spend so much. I said no i wont go for it now. He suggested some of them may be fixed by rubbing component, he will try for that. I agreed with that. He said the car wil be ready by evening 4 PM. I thought i will wait and collect the car and go.

Drop in Service: I found 2-3 guys having some minor niggles directly dropping in and getting the issue fixed immediately. This is a good sign :) . In case of any urgent fixes we can always drop in.

Service didn't start till 12:00 AM: My car was just lying outside for nearly 2 hours. I just went and asked bharath why is my car still lying out, but guys without appointment are coming in and getting their issues fixed. He said service bay is not free for regular service cars once is available it will be taken inside. The car was taken in around 12:15 and some guys started working on the car. checking oil levels and refilling as the first service guidelines. But then came a bad news that there will be no power from 3 PM, which mean wheel alignment should be done before that. :( After 20 minutes of servicing , i found no one near my car. and then it was lunch time. Then i was just waiting until 3 PM. still no one looking at mine. Then went to bharath asking its already 3 PM will i get my car by 4 PM. He then sent two guys to work on my punto saying customer is waiting please do it soon.Then silencer noise issue was fixed. After that bharath said so wheel alignment cant be done now as there is no power, i should get my car again some other day and it will be done for free. Fixing Scratches and Bruises: They didnt work on the scratches, I had to remind bharath for trying the component rubbing. He called up the guys to try using thinner and component rubbing. I was totally happy seeing the output.

Suggestion: Guys , always insist for an appointment and then take your car. I noticed a guy whose power window wasn't working dropped in. and they declined to take his vehicle claiming the spare part is not available and also he needs an appointment. He was so much disappointed because, when he requested for an appointment a week before , he was told to directly drop in the car and part wil be replaced, he also confirmed one day before is there any appointment needed, again he was told its not needed He started arguing with people there. and i totally didn't like the way that a customer is handled :(. finally after lots of argument they accepted to service his car. and Also the spare part was available.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  2. So this spare part thing is just made up by the SA and technicians to reduce their work?
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    OT: Talking of spare parts, Mr. Mishra of FIAT, in the presence of Mr. Nagesh Basavanhalli, in FIAT caffe, last Sunday announced that all spare parts will be sold OTC in all SCs. He promised to send out an email to all SCs to this effect by Tuesday (today)

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  4. If they dont do it,simple they just loose bussiness.
    Already 99rpm is listing most of the spares.
  5. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    What is the meaning of OTC ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  6. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Over the counter sales

sent from mobile device, excuse typos
  7. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    That is what i seriously doubt.. Those people really lazy to attend issues :(
    They dont even have an orvm mirror in spare. which i wanted to replace. So that i will get 10% discount on spares, the coupon that i got during the service camp. Now since they dont have stock i cant avail that offer too.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yes.. the person who was arguing with them was saying, he will never recommend fiat to anyone. This is what he claims of the troubles he has faced

Car was used by his dad in bidar. After they faced this power window issue, they were told that spares wil be available only in cities. He took his car to hyderabad where the fiat service said, it will take 2-3 months to get spares and bangalore service centres will be having the spares.
    So his dad dropped his car in bangalore to get it fixed. And visiting KHT after reading reviews that its good. He had to face all this.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  8. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    C-Mounting Broken :(

2 Weeks back I had some strange rubbing noise in my punto. I could feel the vibrations in steering. But it was very sporadic and not occurring every time.

I drove the car home and tested it in our parking going back and forth steering full left and right, never felt the noise or the vibration.

Little puzzled , called up Rajan Sir (patchboy), He asked me whether i scrapped the under body recently, I did that couple of days back, He suggested it should be some bend there and should be easily fixable.

Being little afraid to take car out, i decided to take it only to service centre next, I took it to KHT service on saturday, I didn't face the issue during my drive to KHT service. Service person took a test drive , lifted the car and removed the slight bend in underbody. He said all seems fine, if issue occurs again, leave the car on a weekday.

Yesterday I took car to office, All the way until Nagawara signal, I drove car without AC, Once I switched on the AC I noticed the same noise again and vibration on steering. I immediately switched off the AC and continued without AC.

I finalized the issue occurs only when AC is on, I took it to KHT service today morning. They checked the car and said C-Mounting is broken, it has to be replaced. Service Person was little shocked because its very rare to happen in car driven for only 6k Kms.

Experts please let me know what might have led to this issue. Not sure was it because of my drive mistake :(.

They are yet to confirm, if this can be replaced under warranty. I hope warranty is covered.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

The 2012 AC fans, the 9 leaf ones are notorious for vibes on the steering wheel, but only in idle.

My car had this issue and Ramkay Fiat checked the engine mounts instead of the fan.
  10. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    Mine is 2013 model.

Yesterday evening i went to kht service again, they said its A-Mounting and its replaced under warranty.

As of now no issues observed drove around 30 kms with and without AC. :)