1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Grand Punto 1.2 (White angel !!)

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by svvickky, Feb 19, 2013.

1. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

I got my punto delivered on Feb 4th, I was totally new to car driving, still mastering it :)
    The delivery wasn't without any hassles though :)

Finally the time came to take it for an highway drive, and it was my wife's bday on saturday so what more we need to remember by first long drive on an awesome punto !!

The trip was planned to SriRangapatnam, we left by morning 9 AM, me on wheels and my uncle guiding me as i was totally new to driving. Was very cautious on the RPM, and always clocked less than 3K RPM and reached maximum and 80KM/hr. Set my high speed warning to 80KM/hr :) and always received a warning beep when crossing the mark.

Loved the feel of owning a car and driving along the highway, awesome feeling !! .

Then my wife was so curious to take her turn(she drives better than me though ;) ). so it was her turn from chennapatna to srirangapatnam. She just loved the punto, she drove a wagonR before. She was really comfortable with punto. and impressed a lots.
    Once we reached srirangapatnam, checked my trip meter and it was showing a mileage of 12.7 Km/l. Just couldn't believe my own eyes :).. is that because we maintained the RPM below 3K ??

We spent around 3 hrs there and it was time to return. my uncle took over and he was cruising along and the angel never had a problem. He was crossing 100KM/Hr pretty consistently. He owns a ford figo diesel, He found punto to be awesome especially the braking part and the way punto handled the bad roads :)

It was also raining when we returned. overall it was an awesome trip and my beauty is doing fine...
    7 people like this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Great svvickky.
    You didn't click any picture??
    1 person likes this.
  3. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Great Vicky. As yours is petrol car the mileage is ok. The MJD would have given 18+ on-board mileage. Any snaps?
  4. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Congrats on getting Punto 1.2...post pictures of ur Punto...
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats vicky for your new car and first long drive in it! First long drive in a new car is definitely special & a moment to cherish !!! Few pics would do justice :up
  6. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Welcome to TFi....

share some pictures...
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi vicky, Congrats for your powerhouse.. enjoy
  8. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Dont worry about Mileage .Wait for 2nd service i owns the same 1.2 and i am getting arround 15/L on highways with my bad driving skills..:p
    1 person likes this.
  9. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Vickky, congratulation on the buy.
    Wish you all the best in your fresh skill of driving :)

Things will become better by the day on the Punto so just enjoy the ride.
    Please post some pictures of your ride.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats and Punto is a Best Drivers Car right now.......
    Your uncle must be pressing the brakes of his figo to stop or might be taking chances while cornering,,,

Yeah mine gives 12 on City driving and 15.5 on Highway,,,
    1 person likes this.