1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Grabbing Brembos ,needed advice

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by theblack, May 18, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    My pads are almost at its end of life for the 2nd time. with only about 2000kms more to go I'm looking for other after market pads.
    I found brembo pads , link here
    FRONT Brembo Brake Pads FIAT GRANDE PUNTO (199) 1.4 T-Jet 09/07 ON: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

I would like to know if it would fit my punto. Its a 2009 model (having old type of pads, i.e with clips only on front side).

I also hear that brembo is really good and the price for me is a shocker.. Its freaking cheap so dont know if its the authentic one or not.
    TASS sells their stupid pads at 3300rs(with labor charge) so i'm not interested in it.

Can anyone please advice?
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    theblack these pads would not fit on your grande punto
    brembo P23079 are the pads that would fit in old linea and punto without linea t-jet calipers. Even P23079 are not exact Fiat specified dimension but can be fit
    Last edited: May 19, 2012
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Hmm.. ok its not work the risk i guess.. Some day i will own a vernier calipers and that is the day i will start ordering such parts offshore :)
  5. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    Grab it as soon . It will fit if its for Grande Punto international version.
    Last edited: May 19, 2012
  6. dhruv1974

dhruv1974

GOA
    Orginal Brembo Pad P 23079 are available now for Rs 2800 for Fiat Grande Punto/linea Type 1 though their distributor in Goa. Fiat Linea Punto Type 1.jpg
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    theblack,
    so what about your break pads ? breaking with brembo ?
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    not yet buddy. I bought myself a pair of magnetti marelli pads about 12K kms ago. And believe me its so good it looks like its going to last for another 15-17K at least.
    Only problem I feel right now is my disks are getting old so there is a bit of brake shudder. Thinking of either getting it faced or replacing it totally (then i would have to replace the pads as well)
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    how about the cost ?
    mine is 2011 model Punto emotion pk,can be fitted directly ?
    this will be my 3rd set :) till now happy with factory recommended,1st set 37K Kms and second set almost done 32K Kms.
    Last edited: May 31, 2013
  10. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    ^^ Anna, you will have to first figure out which type your brake pads are. Fiat started installing the new model pads from Mid 2011. Do you have the old worn out pads to cross check or did you leave it with the dealer in which case you will have to open it up to check.

I think you can check your invoices and check using the part number. The new model has a part number 59116719.

Old model:

Buy ATE Brake Pad set for Fiat Punto/ Linea , Palio Adventure and Siena weekend.

New model :

Brake Pad set for Fiat Linea & Punto
    1 person likes this.