1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

GPS navigation thread: Maps,software, devices,mobile navigation etc

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by sungoa2010, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    There are different ways of a finding a place in Garmin device. The simplest is this ---> Where to? ->Point of interest -> Spell Name

As you start typing, it will start searching. It may take some more time because it searches whole map. If there are more than one results, it will sort them in ascending order, i.e. shortest distance first and so on. To reduce the search time, first select the city and then search for the string (i.e. in your case --> Where to? -> Cities -> type chennai -> Select chennai -> Click on the flag symbol on the left hand side pane -> Spell Name -> type tidel park -> done

Sometimes if you dont find the location in device, but if you see the same location in Google or any other maps, just note down the co-ordinates and directly search co-ordinates (Where to? -> co-ordinates)
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Ravi sir, Now it worked. What I did was I directly entered Tidel park after selecting chennai and it gave the result.
    Thanks. I think there is also a option to choose the level of details in settings which I haven't checked. Remember seeing it in you tube review.

---------- Post added at 06:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 AM ----------

+1 Pincode is also a powerful way to locate a place.
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  3. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    I've never used pincode search. I could not find it in search. How to do it?
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Select Where to > Junction . Then one will have a option to select postal code.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Strange. But I do not have that option in "Where To" in my 2465.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Being a higher model think it will be there. Let me check the detailed manual.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Todai i have checked my Nokia OVI Maps,especially the speed.
    if punto was reading 100 Kmph then on the mobile it was showing 97Kmph and this was consistent with difference of 3 Kmph
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    That is normal. The tire radius in different variants of punto has slight variation. Also speedo meter like any measuring device will have errors.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    In maps the speed will be calculated by GPS, if you look carefully you will realize that 0-3 your Maps reading will still show 0 even though your car is actually moving
    1 person likes this.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    When I sit on my chair at home GPS shows 3 kmph. :D