1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

GPS navigation thread: Maps,software, devices,mobile navigation etc

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by sungoa2010, Jul 19, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You need to check and see which is comfortable for you. I always place at the top center (below RVM).
    1 person likes this.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Can we mount it on dash? will it spoil the effectiveness of the suction mount because of roughness of surface and also due to the traces of dash cleaning liquid.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    It is purely personal. I like it this way:

099 (2).jpg
    4 people like this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sun,
    on our dash it doesnt fits/sticks properly due to the kind of dash material.i tried with mobile holder.
    Try to fix it on Glass surface.
    1 person likes this.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    can you try by wetting the circumference of the suction holder and clamp it in?
    It might work.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    theblack,
    Thanks for the info,i will try it...
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I have it fixed in the center below the rear view mirror. Top right may be distracting. I would prefer to avoid fixing anything on the right half of the windscreen.

If you want to fix it on the dash, you can think of using the double sided tape. Fix some three layers of tape on the suction cup and cut it properly shape so that it doesnt look odd. Fix the cup on the dashboad. The fixed tape would look something like this.

dashmount.png
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Our cars doesn't have the flat surface at the center. I also think I should avoid right , because when we drive our mind do some calculation and the more thing on right means we are giving more work to the portion that is dedicated for keeping track of the right edge of vehicle. That could be the reason why traffic signboards are always on opposite side of driver. Ideal place is on center dash, the next best option would be center top.
  9. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Cut a glass piece slightly bigger than the suction cup and fix it on the dash using double sided tape.
    Now you can fix the suction holder to it on the dash. It offers better grip.

Rajeev
    2 people like this.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    If you have Android Smartphone then download NAVFREE navigation software from Google Play Store. It works amazing. Currently I am using it on my Xperia Pro in Sheffield.
    2 people like this.