1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

GPS navigation thread: Maps,software, devices,mobile navigation etc

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by sungoa2010, Jul 19, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I have my reservations on this until they prove it. ISRO launched the Bhuvan which was pitted against the Google's Earth. Sadly, it was no way near to Google.
    2 people like this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    There is one thing we have developed good command prominence in world, i.e Launch vehicles and commercial launch vehicles. Hopefully, the applications of satellite technology for home use will improve as we can negotiate more with giant companies like google to share their technology and platforms.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Bhuvan got just 2 satellites as of now, 5 more to go, by 2016 they should be able to give much better navigational help.
    Map Software will take its time to come upto level of Google Earth, both budget and technical resources are limited for the Bhuvan project.
  4. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Have been using from quite some time. I think its a better replacement for Sygic. Nokia HERE offline map for Android - Beta. And the load time and search is too good. Have been using for only bangalore as of now.

Features
    • Offline navigation: Interactive maps and turn-by-turn voice guidance are still available even without an internet connection.
    • Maps to download and to use offline for nearly 100 countries.
    • Public transport maps and directions for over 800 cities in over 40 countries, also when you’re offline.
    • Live traffic info for more than 40 countries.
    • Plan your journey on beta.here.com, then find your way there using your mobile.
    • Personalise your map by creating Collections of your favourite places.
    • Share your location with family and friends in real time as you go via Glympse. It’s private, secure and safe.
    NOTE : It's a direct download from HERE map site, not a Google Play link because it's in BETA state. So download at your own risk.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
    Ganges likes this.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Can we download the Nokia maps to any android device ?
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have installed Sygic which works for one week only later have to purchase the license.
  7. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Yes, its an APK file. But its yet in BETA state so you have to try by installing. Some issues may be there. Which device are you using?

It's free version and Nokia is trying hard to migrate Google Map users to HERE maps. Believe me I've used Sygic and HERE both, the GPS load time is very bad in Sygic were as its very fast in HERE maps.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    im using Alcatel One touch 4.2.2 Kitkat.i have downloaded the app.Now downloading the offilne Maps.
    Seems like my device signal is very week,is there any android specific app which enhances the GPS signal ?
  9. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Never needed one. Try ones in google play.
    Ganges likes this.
  10. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Does it mean that the IRNSS will have a different protocol not as GPS?