1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

GPS navigation thread: Maps,software, devices,mobile navigation etc

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by sungoa2010, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Linear

Linear Amatore

If this was your first transaction on Google play (purchase of paid apps), then that 50 Rs. is a one time registration payment. This will not be charged for any further purchases.
  2. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

In fact this[50/-] will not be charged to your card. I think google does this just to test your card and it will put back to your account. This happens only once when you add your card to the google wallet for the first time.

Rs 50 was charged initially and returned back to me and it is not part of my card statement also. I think it is a test transaction done to validate the credit card.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

^^ Rs 50 is a test transaction which is refunded. No registration fees etc.
    1 person likes this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

during my trip to munnar this weekend, my 2.6 yrs old MMI lx130 behaved pretty badly for the first time! for around 75% of the time , both onward and return, it wasn't working. though it was raining most of the time but i have driven in heavier rains many times before and never faced this kind of problem.
    problems were:
    1. it was hanging on any page. i was not able to power it off also. had to unplug the charger and wait for it to power off! this happened more than 10 times.
    2. it was taking hell lot of time in 'Waiting for GPS' mode! few times it remained there only and i had to restart it.
    3. all of a sudden it used to start receiving signals for say 5-10 mins then didn't move at all.
    4. it almost never worked while i was on the hills!

This is the first time i have faced so many problems.. felt like throwing it out of the window! just then it started working again but only for maximum of 10 mins. had to call my friends and ask for directions while returning due to this!!
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Happened to me almost the very first day i started using it.
    There is a reset button and i used it to save myself. But yes there seems to be an issue.

I've noticed that almost always I never get the LAT/LONG option working. even after entering the correct co-ordinates it still can't get a lock on the location.
    I've just bought it so i'm hoping it will not create more problems but given a choice I think i would pick up the garmin and get MMI on it
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    This would be the best solution. Garmin device is of very good quality. I have enabled three maps at a time and it very rarely hung. If at all it does, do a hard reset and disable one map, and it is back on track fast. You can have both Garmin and MMI map on a Garmin device and still works perfectly.
    Garmin firmware is frequently and updated and lot of issues that existed before are fixed now. BTW, I am not from Garmin :)
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  7. kaps

kaps Superiore

For those using Sygic, latest India maps 2012.11 (MapMyIndia maps v 8.0) are available on various sites. I downloaded and using with Sygic 13.1.1 successfully.
  8. I brought it from playstore but for Rs 299/- , it seem to be just downloading 123 MB. Earlier I had the same maps but size was 400+ MB if I remember correctly.
    Either they are using very good compression on maps or just give some stripped down maps sans many.
  9. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

The suction cup of GPS hold fell down from the windscreen every now & then. Earlier I thought I may be due to air trapped inside get expanded in hot weather but even in night also this happens when car is parked. I cleaned the surface of windscreen & suction cup but no improvement. Can you suggest how to fix this problem. I mount GPS next to IRVM.
  10. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I too had the same problem. So, now I have cut off the base (suction cup & mounting), and fixed the rest of the holder to the little niche which is above the ac and HU. I have used M-seal, and the holder is fixed nice & proper. I have fixed it at the left corner of the niche.