1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

GPS navigation thread: Maps,software, devices,mobile navigation etc

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by sungoa2010, Jul 19, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I'm currently trying to create a favorites in MMI for a hotel i'm looking to book in keylong.
    Its not listed by MMI by default. In such a case what would be the best bet?

I'm actually looking to use the long/lat feature as that would give me the most accurate hold. But in a case where I'm unable to search for the hotel what is the best option to go by.?

I tried streets/All/POI and no where its listing what i want.
    Eg:: try searching for "Hotel Dekyid" (Keylong)
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
  2. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Is there any navigation device other than smartphones/tablets in which I can use google maps?
  3. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Better positional accuracy (less than 10 mtrs) for sure. However any GPS is only as accurate as the map that is used. For example, there might be a newly laid shorter route in top notch condition, but your GPS device will not know about it, unless the maps are updated, no matter how accurate the GPS satellite is.

Simply put, an accurate GPS can tell you where exactly you are in the middle of nowhere, but you will need an accurate map to get out of there and get back home :D

Rajan
    Last edited: May 29, 2013
    4 people like this.
  5. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    ^^ Thats right, my friends who are into oil exploration in ME use precision GPS devices which can give accuracy in centimeters.
    But coming to syncing to the satellites, will all the devices in india automatically lock to the ISRO satellites?
    AFAIK right now its locking to US satellites which give the service for free.
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Damn! I bought it for 699/- about a month back thinking it was a good offer. Would have saved 500 bucks.

Anyway, the maps are definitely not worth 700 bucks.
  8. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    I have download Sygic yesterday from direct Sygic site. It is fantastic. Very nice. :wow
  9. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Has anyone tried waze? Looks like google has bought it now
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Guys, downloaded Sygic MapmyIndia apps yesterday from Googleplay i was charged 199 /- + 50 /- for the transaction i did, 50 /- was charged by Google any idea why?