1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

GPS navigation thread: Maps,software, devices,mobile navigation etc

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by sungoa2010, Jul 19, 2012.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Means they can just declare a product as EoL/EoS (End of life/End of support) after say, two years, and claim that the product is not supported anymore. But there are always work arounds, and there are people who only work on work arounds.
    By the way, garmin devices are very rugged and built-to-last, like our FIATs :)
  2. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    Yes it does come with Voice Navigation, and re-route option, I had tried the re-route option once, when there was a traffic block and chose to ignore the route indicated by Sygic, for a min or two it asked me to take a U turn, when it got to a turn ahead it immediately calculated and instructed me to take the route now charted by it, it merged with the original route after some 2 - 3 kms helped me avoid a lot of burning of fuel waiting in the traffic.
    Yes I fix it on windshield, I have on of the Mobile Mounts on the windshield.

1 person likes this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    @Cashier:Which model you are using?

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 AM ----------

They want to enter the market and following some aggressive approach like GM and FORD.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  4. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    I am using Motorola Defy, Decent Screen, Good visibility, but I guess any other model has a good enough screen too, which model do you have
    1 person likes this.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    For Navigation point of view which are the current best options in cell phones?

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

For Navigation point of view which are the current best options in cell phones?
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    MapMyIndia users! how to find out my MMI device has maps of which version? Does the below picture tell that it has version 3.1 :confused: I got it in Dec 2010

2012-07-19 18.23.30.jpg
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The best way to find out the version of the map is to use the 'Map Info' option in your GPS device.
  8. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Press the "Map Sources & copyrights". Then go two pages down, before the End User License Agreement, you will see:

India
    All Map Data Copyright CE Info Systems (P) Ltd,
    Version x.x, expires xx.xx.xxxx

Note: latest is version 7.0

2012-07-19 18.23.30.jpg
    2 people like this.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    How much MMI charge for MMI users for upgrade to latest map. For garmin users getting MMI map is sold at a premium price.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    1 person likes this.