1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

GPS navigation thread: Maps,software, devices,mobile navigation etc

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by sungoa2010, Jul 19, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Ha ha . My son will ask "Papa why did you stop at XXX what did you do there?"

Recently when I was travelling from Goa to Chennai I got calls that happened many times when I was overtaking trucks and it disturbed me lot.
    One disadvantage is some time they will be against night driving and we cannot say "I am taking rest and will start next day" and still continuing to cover more miles;)
    1 person likes this.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Garmin device supports this too. You can save travelled routes as .gpx files.
    Satguide has an application called sattrax or so, specially for cargo and taxi companies to track their vehicles live.
    3 people like this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Does Nuvi 40LM support this? I haven't checked it.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Yes it does. I dont remember the exact menu option. I will check. If you enable that option, all the routes you travel will be saved in the device. It is especially useful when you travel to unfamiliar locations. The device will show the route you took earlier.You can trust the track more than the road.
    1 person likes this.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks lot that is very useful piece of information:)
  6. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    With MMI, you can convert it to kml format and upload it to Google Maps too. Typing the kml link on the google maps search bar will trace the gps log on google maps itself.
    1 person likes this.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Here goes. You can get these options from Settings > Map>
    16231.png

17367.png

Those green lines you see are tracks I took earlier.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. punto-er

punto-er Amatore

Bengaluru
    Hello Friends,

Sygic are running Christmas sale i.e. Buy 1 Get 1 license for android devices. Sygic | Sygic GPS Navigation Offline for Android. Looks to be a great deal.

If anyone is looking to buy Sygic let me know and we can buy it together and get it for half the price!!

Also, iPhone users have the same software available at half the price.

Send a PM or reply here...
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Now the latest Garmin City Navigator India NT 2012.40, is available at mapupdate | Garmin India
    3 people like this.
  10. Prash1407

Prash1407 Amatore

Bangalore
    Guys,
    Have a basic question here. I got my Carpad 5 with the absolute edition. This is not identifying my present location. It shows some place in Delhi. How do I do the initial settings for this?