1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

GPS device with reverse camera add-on

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by speedJet, Aug 18, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Please upload the detailed manual of garmin from their website. Just compare it with others. MMI maps have better coverage than competitors.
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I wanted to know from MMI device users (Nimish and Prakash), how well their device is doing and whether they are satisfied with it? Feature-wise comparison can be done from manuals, but first hand experience helps

How much did you pay for purchasing MMI maps for your Garmin?
  3. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    For the reverse camera, are you looking for an IR for night vision?
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    IR would definitely be helpful, but what is the cost and from which company?

The RD link that I posted earlier suggests that the camera is capable of night vision - i am not sure if it is IR though?
  5. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    MMI is a good device and it works fine. Well it has its share of glitches too which can be overlooked. Why dont you consider TomTom since its now available in india. Its the OE for fiat worldwide
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    What kind of glitches does MMI have - long sync time, long boot time or flimsy build?

I checked out TomTom website and its Indian products do not have video in capability. Since TomTom is Fiat OE, are there any other benefits for going in for TomTom

From a spec perspective, the Garmin 2565 seems to be a better buy than TomTom
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    1 person likes this.
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I have not faced any glitches so far. My MMI Lx130 navigator connects within a few minutes each time. The made-in-China hardware, even after 6 months warranty protection, serves me well for more than 2 years.
    1 person likes this.
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    After a bit of research, I feel that I would be probably going ahead with Garmin 2565. Reasons being the following:
    1) It supports wireless video-in support which can be used for Garmin rear view camera GRVC10 (camera has to be bought separately)
    2) It has driving video recorder which can be hooked up as an accesory (has to be bought separately)
    3) It is recommended by most owners and also has the most reliable hardware among all
    4) Found a reliable dealer in Gurgaon who claims he is authorised Garmin distributor and is also providing a good deal

I will probably be buying the Garmin unit within a month's time. Rear view camers shall come later on

Will TASS be ready to hook up the wireless rear view camera (it only needs power supply) or I should get it done from the place where I buy this?