1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

GPS Device but which one?

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by darkshooter, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Tellmepleaze

Tellmepleaze Amatore

Cochin
    I am no good at Torrentz, no techie...:sadblue
    My hard disk is sensitive to this kind of scenes...:)
    Evening at Krishnagiri....jpg
  2. amitcd

amitcd Timido

Pune
    You can download India maps for Garmin, tomtom & MMI at gpsunderground.com.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I have seen Garmin nüvi 2565LM has free lifetime map option. Is it worthy?
    MMI or Garmin which is better?
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Devices with lifetime map updates will be useful because you always get the latest map from navtec(garmin city navigator). I think both the maps are equally good and the gap between garmin and MMI is fast narrowing and very soon garmin will overtake. And yes you can keep both garmin and MMI maps on the same device, and both will work simultaneously. The Garmin device can detect multiple maps loaded on the SD card.
    1 person likes this.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I had read some where that MMI maps for garmin coasts more. What are the periodic coasts(updating maps) involved with navigation devices.
    I am interested to know for Garmin and MMI.
    Also the how reliable are the maps that come with garmin?
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I had almost zeroed in for Garmin nuvi50LM. But realized that it doesn't have bluetooth(BT). The advantage was it had a 5" display and free life time upgrade of maps.
    Now need to rethink. Bluetooth is must for me as I don't want to replace my OEM HU that doesn't have BT. Any other suggestion within 11K. My eye sight is not that sharp so a bigger display will be convenient.
    Thanks ramjn and fiatlover for giving more information by PM.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    1 person likes this.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    2495 is not showing at their website. I found 2465 Garmin Navigation GPS - nuvi 1360which has bluetooth and lifetime update. Ebay price is Rs. 11,999. That suits my budget. Will do little more research.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Personally, I don't like to go for bigger screen for the GPS. I don't like this to be a distracter during my highway drive. Mine is 4.3" and its just perfect. 5" may also not pose any issues. But, what I am trying to tell you is that it is better to avoid bigger screens.
    1 person likes this.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I didn't think about that point of view. Thanks. I will check with my friends MMI navigator and will try to get a real experience.