1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

GPS Device but which one?

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by darkshooter, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is Sygic Maps free for Androids?
  2. Tellmepleaze

Tellmepleaze Amatore

Cochin
    Yes,certain version.
    There are paid ones too, this is what I want to know from friend Italia, if the free one works or paid one.
  3. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    I have been using a MMI S650 and found it to be extremely useful. It has a lot of add on features with reverse camera support and a media player to add to the benefits. Its a boon in the metros and for city driving. The only issue is that it gets stuck at times and you have to reset the device. Which indeed is quite simple.

I would suggest Tom Tom as it is one of the OE products sold with Fiat worldwide. Not sure about the map accuracy in India though.
  4. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    The reason I went with TomTom is that they are a bigger company than MapmyIndia so if the maps are built correctly, the support should be better. After learning that there India maps were used by google maps for quite a long time & taking a demo. I thought that it is a better product.

They also offer an option of correcting maps by user. Where you provide inputs on incorrect maps/no entry/roundabout/one way/ etc. The corrections will get updated in your device. When you connect your TomTom to the computer, it automatically sends those correction to the Team. TomTom will independently verify those changes & if found correct, they would correct their maps for all users. Incase, they find it incorrect the changes in your devices would be reset. So if there is a bigger TomTom community in India, maps would always be updated. I don't know if such a feature is present in MMII.

Currently, they have SD cards disabled but they plan to enable it later on. So if you are travelling abroad, their GPS might come in handy
  5. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
  6. Tellmepleaze

Tellmepleaze Amatore

Cochin
  7. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  8. Tellmepleaze

Tellmepleaze Amatore

Cochin
    It leads to the next screen, asking me to buy 'Torrent Plus'. Should I have to buy?
  9. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @tellmeplease:hope you are new to the world of 'torrentz'.:).
    first of all download utorrent software here Download - ĀµTorrent - a (very) tiny BitTorrent client
    after installation click the above sygic link. u will get something downloaded.open it! utorrent will take it and download sygic for you. sometimes clicking the sygic link above itself launch utorrent software, that you have installed already and starts downloading the stuff.get help from google how to use torrents.:) cheerz...
  10. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Make sure you do not try this at your work place ;).
    1 person likes this.