1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

GP_Freak says Hi to TFI

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by GP_Freak, Feb 6, 2013.

1. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi TFI, first things first. It was very easy to join TFI without much hassle. Hats off since you have rightly understood that its alteast worth giving an opportunity for the new chap to join the forum and to prove his stupidity:)

Now let’s roll the clock back.

I have been an arid biking fanatic for as long as I remember. A couple of personal incidents had put me in a situation to take up four wheels rather than a 100 plus BHP in two wheels. So all was left to fate and our trusted Alto which had run only 12 k kms in 5 years started munching some miles in last two year with a run of 40 k kms in that period. With cash in hand, my hands were itching to grip the bars of a sports bike. Had I been the same old guy in the same old situation, there wouldn’t have been a dime of a reason for me to join this forum.

So, you all would have guessed by now why I have joined here. Yes,i controlled my addictions to hitting the race tracks every week end or so in sweaty full suit under scorching sun and accepted that fact that I will no longer need 100bhp two wheels. So, with rising petrol cost and frequent long distance trips, my fuel bills were touching 10 k per month. Decision was taken to get a sedan which though cannot give the same adrenalin rush as a bike,but wanted to have some decent performance and handling out of it so that I won’t sleep when holding the wheels.

Used some of the cars of the cars like OHC, Wagon R Baleno, SX4, elantra CRDI. The Elantra was a very solid mechanicals and safety features and cracker of diesel engine with a disconnected but very predictable steering. It was with me for a couple of months and then ditched it due to heavy repair is actually needed.

Then thought, why not give the lousy (Sorry guys, you will know why later) fiat a try and started looking for used ones.I was infact very clear about fiat. I didn’t want to buy a new one and take the huge depreciation hit .Also I wanted the car to be under warranty so that It will help me when the need arise (oh boy, I was very right) and have another car as back up when Fiat goes for service. Now Fiat has yet again proved itself. Extremely good steering feedback (I really wanted it because I was so used to riding in track) and really plush dynamics with little body roll and LOUSY service centers for an average Joe. Yes my linea is in Concorde Ambattur for last 14 days for some minor issues. More things were screwed in the car after given to them. I very much expected this and now my Alto is back serving me for my daily chores. Planning to keep the linea for a long term until I come across a car which can provide such an involving ride. If I can afford to have only one car, then fiat will not be in my list atleast in the current situation. A good product, which when breaks down, needs a lot of effort and time from owners. Guess I am not enthusiastic enough like you guys.

Have some plans for the Linea. Some could be down right stupid. But then every one has their own taste.

1 ) Painted alloys – in Short term
    2 ) RD dual channel tuning Box – in medium Short term
    3 ) Short shifter – In medium to long term
    4 ) Clutch ?? Banging my head every time I want to quick shift. Researching what can be done. – God help me
    5 ) New pedals – God help me

So now I have the following in my Garage now

Linea 2011 MJD – BNW Emotion pack
    Alto 2006 Silver
    R15 V1
    Pulsar 150 UG1
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    GP Freak when I read your TFI ID I thought you own Grande Punto :)

Welcome to Team FIAT India and congratulation for your Italian Beauty.

You plan for Linea are interesting and I would like look forward for more updates from you. Please keep us updated.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome to TFI, and seems you have lot more to tell about your Linea.
    Do open ownership thread and share with us.
  4. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome gp_freak to TFI world.... :)
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Welcome aboard GP Freak

Can you detail what issue are you facing in the Linea.

Regarding shifting , the Linea's box is just not designed to shift ultra fast. Take your time with the shifts and it works perfectly. Pretty much the same thing in the entire segment.

Cheers.
  6. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    LOL. Infact i carried the same ALIAS from the biking community so that i have little worries in remembering the username and password for different web sites.

Infact a 17 inch concave alloy was also in the list. I dont find much of it in the market. So have planned a cheaper option of painting it Blue and change the shoes to PLC 190/60 R-15

Sure, a fellow fiat owner would know exactly how a linea or punto would ride and handle. Its the service and user experience that would stand different.

Thank you.

Yes, even the clutch looks that way. Lift the left leg one feet, declutch, shift the gear( nearly half feet travel of the fore hand ) then clutch:rolleyes:. There goes the linea like a dream. Its making me a very sedate driver.

BTW, should i open a new thread regarding the problems in my Linea or just pen it here ?

Busted cooling coil
    Busted power window electronic control module
    Busted boot gas spring
    Now a busted fuel tank which leaks like a sieve due to great skills of Concorde Ambattur Chennai.
    Rusted door ( Just starting to in certain areas of the door insided )

How is that for a 31 k run Linea. Not to tell about the nano rust spots under the clear coat. Its visible because its white and that too when i Clay the car before Collinite845

The service experienace is out right Hilarious if you technical know the basics. But should have an open mindset to appreicate the stories and excuses spun by them and to have a another car in the Garage to fulfill the basic needs of travelling.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2013
  7. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi GP Freak, welcome to TFI.
    you sure have more to tell about your Linea.

And you would need to open a seperate thread in the Garage section under Technical or minor questions (depending on your query) to post your problems.
    This is just an intro thread!!

You may aswell open a ownership thread and share/discuss everything about your car.

All the best for your futere mods
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013