1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

GP- weird problem :-(

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by abhinav7373, Dec 4, 2012.

1. hi everybody. for last 3 weeks iI am facing a weird problem in my grande punto 1.2 active. the car stall when I press the clutch to change the gear. it doesnt happen all the time but most of the time rpm fall much below 700 rpm and then automatically bounce back to normal idling rpm. but many times it fails to bounce back and car stalls. i have got sequential cng kit installed (lovato) and I had this thought that it happens only when the car is on cng but it happens with petrol also (although frequency is less in comparison to cng) ... What could be the reason behind this.? any idea guys? I hope iI have cleared the situation.
  2. few things which i forgot to mention... car has covered 30000kms ... and cng installer has suggested me to get the throttle body cleaned thoroughly. experts plz shed some light on it..
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    It can be the Throttle Position Sensor, it can be quite a number of things.

Best bet is to take it to an expert. You can try Mr. Sharma at HIM Motors Patparganj.
  4. Thnx gurjinder brother... Can i have his mobile no. ??? because its very far from my place and in weekdays its not possible for me to go there....
  5. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Abhinav, wait for few days if your car allows. Mr. Sharma and team is shifting to FASS in Noida phase II very soon. You'll get new instruments etc. for the diagnosis.
  6. thnx nitin bro. The problem is quite frequent and i have to travel 70kms daily. I need to rectify this problem as soon as possible. from office to home my car stalls 3-4 times and it becomes difficult to control it... can u give me Sharma ji's cell no. so that, atleast, I can consult him over the phone and can have some idea about what all parameters should be checked.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  7. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    Meanwhile you can pay a visit at oberoi cars noida sec 63, its behind the alcatel lucent. Search for Mr. Gopalan(GM service).
  8. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Contact this person only if you want to give third degree resultless treatment to your car. My car was with him during rust treatment. I've seen the kind of treatment they do. I can bet that cycle wala can repair car much better than them.

Abhinav, I've sent Mr. OP Sharma's number. Pls check your private message.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  9. thanks nitin brother... I had a talk with mr. sharma and he gave the no. of a senior mechanic out there.. Yesterday i had gone with him only to him motors and got my car serviced too. He checked my car with diagnostic tool and found two errors which he removed.. but still the problem persists... He talked to my installer and asked him to re-tune the kit's ecu again.. I asked the mechanic to clean and service the throttle body but he didnt listen to me and replied throttle body is fine (although i can see hell lot of black stuff inside it). Are you facing and rpm drop problem when the headlights, AC, Music System are on and u change the gear and while pressing the clutch the rpm fall below 700 and then it bounces back to normal idling rpm (it happens on petrol but the car doesnt shut down while on petrol but while on CNG many times car fails to revive back to normal rpm... and one more question I have like As per the mechanic he said they never clean throttle body and if they will open the throttle body and sensors the problem in circuit will come :confused:??? The only solution to dirty throttle body is to get it replaced by a new one?? :eek: :anyone (Mechanics never listen to customers they always act over smart and I have not faced this thing with fiat only even bajaj guys are like that :evilsmile
  10. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Abhinav, thats why I never installed CNG kit in my Punto. Also, ask Mr. Sharma for a ride and replicate the problem. I want to inform you that they all are about to migrate to FASC hence they are lacking in backend support.