1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

GP or Figo?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by nmp, Feb 2, 2011.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Figo is boring (like a fixed deposit)

Punto is exciting (like a mid-cap stock)

That apart : I disagree a little about Figo being MORE VFM. Yes : if you do a feature to feature comparison the Figo will have more tick marks.

BUT :
    I am not getting the latest engine technology in the Figo (that is EXACTLY the reason why the Figo has mileage issues.)
    I am not getting the solid built quality in the Figo

I won't be surprised if he buys the Figo. In fact I am pretty sure he has already decided that he is buying the Figo.

If he is going to do more highway runs I would "reluctantly" suggest the Figo (only because it has ABS & Airbags)
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Amogh, Punto is more like 'micro cap' for the average indian user.

But for us Fiat Fans, its always been providing great Dividends regularly. ::V
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Amogh / Ansal, that was good :lol:
    I wouldn't be surprised if the average user finds Figo more VFM.
  4. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    I agree with you guys.

I never like the word That VFM word. Similarly I don't like it when they talk about 'RESALE' value before even buying it.
    For me - its the pleasure of owning a fantastic car and enjoy the drive. :dance
  5. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    I would say Punto Hands down but then he needs to increase his budget and probably get the emotion version as that will give his all the features.

Punto is built to last and is lot better put then the Ford Figo which screams from all angles "made to budget/Cheap" to suit some indian mentality like the Logan. No doubt FIGO is a good car but when you are comparing it with GP - its GP all the way. Also who has seen the resale of FIGO at the moment, who know it will have the same kind of effect that other FORD cars have in the second hand market, a la Ikon, Fusion (Figo looks like a slightly modified version) - GP is the way to go man

Kailash
  6. Almost 95% of the users who have replied to this thread has explicitly mentioned the facts why they prefer one car over the other.

Since you've not expressed your opinions on both the cars, let me ask you the reasons why you prefer Figo over Punto?

Kindly take no offense please.
  7. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Almost 95% of the users who have replied to this thread has explicitly mentioned the facts why they prefer one car over the other.

Since you've not expressed your opinions on both the cars, let me ask you the reasons why you prefer Figo over Punto?

Kindly take no offense please.[/quote:2p7vxo4x]

I too am eager to know the reasons.

BTW we visited both the showrooms y'day - Ford & Fiat. I will not discuss about the hospitality's of either as we were only interested to buy a car ::V No point in discussing the features also as we know Titanium is fully loaded. And even if we go for 1.2 Emo then too Airbag / ABS will be missing. Its the interior / ride quality I want to discuss.

Ingress / Egress - Good.
    Legroom at Front & Back seats - Good
    Boot Space - Good

Looks- Okayiiish

'RED' dashboard looks horrible :thumbs down
    AC Vents - Looks ordinary (at least to me!)
    Instrument Panel - Looks Just Ok. Nothing extra-ordinary.
    Back seats - I don't what Ford Engineers were thinking when they kept the middle portion of the seat little raised compared to either sides. This makes it difficult for the 5th person to seat comfortably. When I sat in the middle, and the car turned at @ 30km speed - i was thrown to the window seat!!! ::OO

Noise Level inside - Though it was a Petrol, felt some noise but may be because it was a demo car, run 12k+ kms without 2nd servicing (as per SA).
    Body Role - at least on the back seat - present. And the feeling was not very good.
    Ride Quality - Don't know why but felt like I was seating in some 'Entry Level - A Segment' car.

Although I was trying to be impartial the difference between the two was quite noticeable. Having said that the question I want to ask 'Is it true that Fiat has spoiled us? ::V
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Fiat have definitely spoiled us. Fiats have great speed masking ability and exceptional ride and handling combo.