1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

GP or Figo?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by nmp, Feb 2, 2011.

1. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    My Friend is looking for a Petrol Car with a budget of @ 4.5 L. This will be his first car.

He was confused a lot initially and was not able to decide between used car or new car. Finally I convinced him to go for a new car. :car

Apart from GP 1.2, he short listed Wagon-R and wanted a comparison from me. In one sentence I told him don't compare Marutis with Fiat. :evilsmile. If at all he want to compare then at least select i 20. But its a costly option so he rejected it. The second option was Ford Figo. He checked Titanium 1.2 with a OTR price of Rs. 5.45L. Coming back to GP 1.2 Active OTR Price is Rs. 5.05L and that of 1.2 Dynamic is Rs.5.40L.

If you look at the features of Titanium - ABS / Airbags et all... and that of 1.2 Active / Dynamic then Figo is clear winner. Yes there are few reports about the lower average in Figo, but the fact that he gets the safety features in Figo, inclined him to go for it. Its a classical Heart (wants Punto) Vs Brain (Says Figo) battle. :confused. Please share your views so that it becomes easy for him to decide.
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    You are absolutely right nmp. I have a figo as well. If your friend wants a better overall car Go for Punto, if he needs more value for money within his budget, FIGO is the way to go. You get more features at a lower price in FIGO but GP is better overall. In the end, it would come down to his budget and if he is ready to compromise for a few features for a better fun to drive car (Punto). Else go for figo.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I found the Figo 1.2 too lethargic even in a city traffic. However I like the drivers visibility, the interiors and space available. If your friend wants a VFM fully loaded Hatchback at a price definitely Figo is a clear winner. I haven't driven 1.2 Punto yet, but going by the power to weight ration wouldn't it be same as Figo less the featuers?
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    nmp if your friend can't increase his budget ask him to go for Figo Titanium.
    Safety features are very important.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Totally agreed with Vijay. Safety Features are very important. If he is looking for value for Money then go for FIGO. Let me clear that FIGO is not great car drive, its sluggish. Even I considered this car when I was buying a car. My search ended at Punto 1.2 Emotion. Punto 1.2 has great mileage if you compare it with FIGO 1.2. In City I am getting 14KMPL & on highway I am getting 17-18KMPL which is more than enough.

If the safety features are very important for your friend then only FIGO or else PUNTO 1.2 :) Try to get Punto 1.2 Emotion my personal opinion.
  6. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    You've summarize it quite well Ansal. ::T

@Teky - 'lethargic' can you be more specific? :confused

@Kedar/ Vijay - Safety is must... no doubt . I agree with you about the 'VFM' part of Figo.
    +1 about the mileage of 1.2. :dance
  7. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    if you want a car with lots of feature go for figo but if you want a good car with lots of features go for Punto.
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I wanted to type sluggish but typed it the other way, The way it responds wasn't good even within City traffic, so I'm not sure how this going to pull in the highways.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    +1 to the observation. ::T
    I have driven Figo 1.2 Titanium of my friend.

@NMP sir- If he wants to go for FIGO, better to go for 1.4 TDCi only.
    1.2 isn't exactly how most 1.2s drive (Punto, i20 etc).
  10. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    @ Teky / PS Thanks for your inputs.

You know what, being a GP owner, I wish he go for Punto only. :redcar

The name 'Fiat' brings 'un-easiness' among most of the prospective buyers. So it was really a task for me to convince him to include Punto in his list. :dance. Being my close friend he has seen the beauty and have traveled with me on long drives. So he is quite familiar with her features and know how she moves on the highways.

All your inputs will help him choose the car soon.