1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

GP got her first wound

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Gmittal, Aug 2, 2010.

1. obliex

obliex Amatore

Pune
    Gaurav,

Where is this Car Cupid ??
  2. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

It is on Pashan Sus road. it will be on your right side after Union Bank when you are coming from Pashan village.
  3. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    Ah! so you did not give it to the authorized dealer?

Vroom
  4. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

No I did'nt. Now feeling like I had made a mistake.
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Gaurav

How much was the cost? Did you claim insurance?
  6. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

total cost was 2200 and no I didn't claim insurance.
  7. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Oops. Then I also think you may have made a mistake. I usually follow a simple rule - if the work is not petty (or more than Rs. 700-800), its only the Authorised Service station. Heck Linea hasn't yet seen door of any service station other than TASC.

:eek:fftopic The only time i tried to flaunt that my own rule just due to laziness, I paid heavily. Very very heavy price. In my earlier Ford Ikon, somehow Power steering fluid got leaked & steering got hard. Out of laziness, I drove her for a few days & then again laziness prevented me to take it to Ford A.S.C. & rather give it to my neighbour who owns a garage. That guy has screwed up the car so badly. Changed Power steering fluid pump first (Rs. 7,000). After a few days again steering got harder. He then said steering rack needs to be changed. God knows what all he did & the issue is once you're stuck, you want him to rectify his wrong else if you go to others you're again charged & the earlier guy is never gonna refund you. So that takes you in vicious circle, precisely what happened to me. The entire car started wobbling, it later ruined lower arms, tyres etc & finally I had to take it to Ford A.S.C. Ford changed the lower arms & his SA came home & repaired the steering rack - that expense was reasonable. Guess total expense? - All put together I ended up paying some Rs. 40,000 - odd for silly laziness & silly mistake.

Coming back to the topic. Yeah, if I were you, I would have got it done thro' TASC, claimed the insurance, made the car brand new again & forgotten about that NCB. (still 10 months to go for insurance - so plenty of opportunities to keep the car new since NCB already gone :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )
  8. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Actually with insurance claim process they were taking 1 week for the repair and without insurance it was only 2 days that too weekend days so these are two major reasons I went for car Cupid not TASC.
    But from next time I will definitely go to TASC.
  9. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Dude, isnt your insurance comprehensive??? :confused1 cashless??

Coz once you register the claim, you have 2 options..
    1. let the Repair shop claim it themselves.
    2. you pay the repair shop after work done and later on claim the money from the insurance company your self. (provided you get the approval from insurance company for the repair shop estimate)

At the TASC, 1-2 days for approval from insurance company (after registering) min 3 days for denting repairing - coat painting... Generally its 4-5 days min.

It is the repair shops decision to release the repaired car before they get the money from the insurance company after the work is done. coz once the work is done they send the final bill to the insurance company.. and it takes sometimes 1 day for the money to reach them... (else the same day)

so i guess the 1 week time must be for this reason... :confused
  10. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Gaurav,

You're right. Its because of such practical difficulties, we end up taking short cuts. Just see my example also posted above. Its only once that I went outside of Autho Service Station but ended up getting thoroughly hassled & lost great deal of money unnecessarily. Why? Laziness, Shortcuts....