1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

GP got her first wound

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Gmittal, Aug 2, 2010.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Go with TASC but don't opt for insurance. (since the amount is 3k)

Pay it from your pocket.

And BUB does know how to match colour : Trust me : They repainted my entire door !!
  2. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    I just have one suggestion: even TASC sometimes do not match the color. As an example is my left ORVM. This had to be replaced after my friend banged my car and he paid.

But the jokers at Wasan did a shoddy job of this. Next time somebody meets me, I will show it to you, the color does not match.

Just thought you are aware of this and tell those folks upfront that if they do not match the color, you would want it redone.

Vroom
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    +1.
    Better to get it done by TASC only. 100% responsibility of TASC, Tata & Fiat.
    I'm always of the view that I would go to an outside mechanic/ garrage only if for similar quality of work the cost is 1/5th ((or atleast 1/3rd) or lower than that of Authorised service station
  4. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Thanks Amogh.
    I got your point to go with TASC but why not with insurance?
    In case I go with insurance I will loose my NCB and that too would be almost equal to the amount. Just curious.
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    I think Amogh has mentioned it as the amount is small - Rs. 3K which may be lower than what you get as NCB and plus what you might have to additionally pay out next year premium due to lodging a claim as many insurance companies are now loading premium basis claims lodged previous year.

My view however is a bit different. If 3K comes close to your NCB, you claim insurance right now as for you its very early part of insurance claim period of 1 year. If you do not claim now & god forbid after few months, again a claim comes up for Rs. 3 K - 5K or more, then it would be a losing proposition. Had you been at the fag end of 1 year premium end period, yeah you can take risk & not claim the insurance.
  6. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

It is just 1.5 months passed. still long way(10 months) to go for renewal.
  7. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    You got the blue colour? I thought it would be difficult to get this 'limited edition' colour! What say Amogh? ::V
  8. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Small Update: I had given my car to Car cupid. Denting work was fine but painting is not good. There were some stains, air bubble on the fender.
    Reagrding the color match, I am bit confused. The color is matching perfectly with bonnet, door and front pillar but not matching with bumper.
    They are saying there will be some difference as bumper is of fibre(plastic).
  9. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    I had the same issue with minimal grey on my car. The colour of the bonnet did not match with the bumper. Tried doing a teflon coat(3M) to make it less perceptible. But the paint quality is awful & the workmanship is pathetic (I had to get bonnet redone in the first place coz it had started developing small pokes on the surface without any reason). Within a span of 1 month small specks of paint started coming off from places where there were airbubbles. Now I ve given it back to WASAN to repaint. Initially I never used to take comments on quality issues with FIAT seriously but now I m a bit wary.
  10. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

I got the left fender repainted, and now it is crystal clear, no stains, no air bubbles. But there is slight difference between fender and bumper.