1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

GP got her first wound

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Gmittal, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Nope. actually tht is rust. I haven't yet visit TASC, to busy with work. Will update here once I got the estimate.
    If she would have stopped, it wont happened.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Thats one of the fundamental rules/ basics I also follow..... with a few additions like elderlies driving, children playing, Animals loitering on the road (never pass from their front, it can suddenly jump. It takes an effort to jump suddenly backwards)...
  3. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    I would also suggest you visit Carnation and see if they can give you a good quote. My friend got his Honda City dent removal and paint for something like this but at the rear for Rs. 1500. They have done a damn good job.

Cheers,
    Vroom
  4. I am deeply saddened by the wound on the blue beauty. :sadblue It is damn difficult to keep seeing it. Hope you will make her regain the old looks soon, and wish you would get a good quote.

Today I myself had left some minor marks when I did a shrewd wipe job. There were already some light swirl marks on the bonnet owing to my son's hotwheels :redcar , which was very less visible. Today I tried fixing it :geek: with 3-4 rubs with magic eraser (a sponge like thing that I had got from US. It is actually Melamine foam marketed by 3M, Target etc, excellent otherwise in erasing anything) and oops, it left a shoddy patch there :uh (again a light one, but some what more visible!. Never to do that again :thumbs down ...huh..!
  5. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

I dont think carnation is in Pune. :sad1
  6. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Dont you drive down to mumbai??

call it another weekend trip... maybe we can have a small meet in mumbai???
  7. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

I can, but not sure how much time/days it will take to get the job done. And not possible to take the leave these days.
    Today I visited "Car Cupid" here in Pune, they gave me the quote of 2200 for the repair. Tomorrow I am planning to visit TASC for the estimate, lets wht i will get from them.
  8. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

As for my suggestion...
    Have it done at the TASC.
    3 coats of paint. 100% insurance coverage. you will need to spend Rs.500 and 3 days approx..

rest your call..
  9. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Got the estimate of repair from TASC(BUB Pune), they quoted me 3K. With insuarnce it will take atleast 1 week and without insurance it will take 3 days.
    Car Cupid guy is ready to give me the car in 2 days(w/o insurance).
  10. Who ever matches the paint better is the one you should go with, I suppose when Chaos is suggesting you TASC, its with the assumption that TASC will do better job with Color matching, if you have not heard any adverse report, I would suggest you to stick with TASC.