1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

GP Active Ground Clearance increase with R15 Tyres

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by markan.murshid, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Hi All,

I am planning to increase the ground clearance of my GP Active by putting an R15 alloys and tyres. Please suggest me a good combination of alloy and tyre to choose from for a better drive and performance.

I think my current tyre and rim combination is the reason for my low ground clearance...

Currently i am having a bad combination :( standard R14 steel rims and 185/65 my01 bridgestone "made in thailand" :( they dint even lasted full 30k kms and i am again forced to change them.. i have already driven my GP a wholesome 56k kms, changed my stock tyres(jk tornado) at 28k.

Please suggest the best i can opt before i can go for a buy.

Thanks

Murshid
  2. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I changed to OEM alloys and Yokohama C drives with 195/60/R15. I noticed a significant amount of increase in ground clearance..
  3. Hi Shashank,

OEM alloys steal hefty from my pocket.... :( what about going for H286 from HRS at sai mag website. see this..

Mag Wheels,Automotive Wheels,Aluminum Alloy Wheels,Car Chrome Wheels,Supplier

One more thing i wanna ask you is there much difference in the drive comfort on a road with potholes... when we drive a 195/60/15 in comparison to 195/65/15 available in some brands....

How your Yoko 195/60/15 perform in terms of road noise on highways above speeds say 100-120kmph

Waiting for your reply.... :)
  4. shashanknathani

Pune
    Please see my reply in bold.
  5. Thanks Shashank

for such a detailed guided reply... Would definitely consult both the shops for OEM wheels...

I would like to ask you about how C-Drives compare with the Turanzas... same 15inch size...

as my brother just changed his stock shoes to Turanzas and i haven't tried any of these two yet.. :(
  6. shashanknathani

Pune
    I have not tried Turanzas but my spare wheel is Potenza GIII and whenever is use it, i just hate it because of the noise and poor cornering grip. The advantage that C Drives have is that they are asymmetric tires.

check this : Directional or Asymmetric Tyres…the main differences and benefits | OOYYO Used cars search engine blog
  7. Hi All,

Does anyone have any feedback for turanza er300 against the yoko c-drives....

Regards

Murshid
  8. Shashank,

If i go with Turanzas ER300 which is again Asymmetric. Are you strong on C Drive or on Asymmetric designs. If you recommend C-Drives then its ok, and if you stress on Asymmetric then i could see something in bridgestone as Potenza GIII are rotational sport tyres and hence a noisy tyres.

Please help i am deciding it today.
  9. Finally,

Got my punto fitted with H158 HRS and Yoko Decibel DB AVS they are serious silent tyres...
  10. shashanknathani

Pune
    Perfect choice for a Punto...