1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

GP 1.2 Dynamic HIP-HOP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by marvin patrick gray, Feb 22, 2011.

1. marvin patrick gray

marvin patrick gray Amatore

Lucknow
    Hi all,

I been almost a couple of months that i got my Grande Punto 1.2 Dynamic in Hip-Hop Black color. Got it on the 1st day of the year i.e. Jan 1, 2011. :dancing Its been a mixed feeling owing a Fiat. As it is said, Fiat is bought with more of heart and less of mind. :dance
    Black color is hard to keep clean and shining, i am telling you :wink: Uff i have to rub it every 4th day to look great.
    Exteriors - Need i say anything ? The looks would kill other hatches a 100 times. And black anyways looks super anytime, before and after sunset, foggy, rainy, sunny. I experienced all in these two months.
    Interiors - First thing that i saw was the engine is a little too much in the cabin. Great steering, dead-pedal and nice 'take u in ur arms seat'. Fit and finish i average and i better not talk about it. Door pockets are decent and is the interior tone of the car. I got light-greyish seat-covers which looks decent and gives it a my kind of a look. :idea:
    As soon as you crank up, you will feel the engine sound which goes away the very next second, put it into first and spin the engine to arnd 2200+ rpm it gives you a punch though not as tight one a i got in Ritz ans Swift.

City driving is decent and driving on a highway is pure pleasure. Cornering is amazing and once i had yells from co-passengers while taking a turn at a decent speed.

Owing a Punto is kind of a mixed feeling. People dont recognise the car yet they admire the looks and praise Fiat. Some ladies wud go," What ? Punto ?" Which car is this? " :confused1 :confused1 . But when they step in they change their opinions. :cool: :) ::D :lol:

I am loving every moment of owing a Punto. :clap :wow
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice review. Short and to the point. You have covered most of the important points.
    I notice from your signatures that Black is your favourite color. :)
  3. Congrats Marvin. Nice review - short and crisp.
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Nice.. I too have a black one and maintaining it is tough job.. but it rewards you many times more for that little effort you put in for washing it every 3-4 days.
  5. Congrats!!! Pics please.
  6. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Nice one buddy... I must tell you that this 1.2 FIRE engine turns into a beasty petrol engine after it gets opened up... Mine is 22000 done and it pulls so easily that i feel i got a new engine in my after second service... You just need to be patient for few kms...
  7. marvin patrick gray

Lucknow
    @all - thanks for reading my experience. i was wondering if someone will have time to read this. :confused

Let's see how the engine opens up though i am not a drag racer but anything good would be acceptable. :up :drinks

Pics will be up in a couple of days(after the next wash.) :car
  8. marvin patrick gray

Lucknow
    Guys,

I am nearing a thousand kilometres now. Should i go ahead and change the engine oil at 1000 or at 3000 or at 15000(as Fiat manual says) ?

I believe changing at 3000kms wud be good.

What do you all suggest ?
  9. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Don't change it before 15000 kms.... first of all it is not necessary and secondary it would be a waste of money....
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    +1 to shashanknathani. You may just need to top up a little bit at 3000kms. Change it at 15000kms or One year which ever comes first.