1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Gotcha!!! She's mine now. Grande Punto 1.3 MJD Tuscan Wine.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by rahul24jam, Mar 14, 2012.

1. bak

bak Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations!!!!!! Happy Motoring!! enjoy more miles with the BEAUTY.
  2. More Pics!!!

Not a very good one with the cam, but clicked a few while resting during a trip yesterday.

2012-03-19 07.35.25_1024x768.jpg 2012-03-19 07.35.38_1024x768.jpg 2012-03-19 07.35.55_1024x768.jpg 2012-03-19 07.36.03_1024x768.jpg 2012-03-19 07.36.18_1024x768.jpg 2012-03-19 07.37.23_1024x768.jpg
    2 people like this.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Any early impressions?
    I think you have driven a few hundred kms.
    If it's so let it come through...
    There you go!
  4. well, ENKI, after some 700 kms, it's a breeze, sitting inside. at 85, you feel you're doing 40.

though the first two gears troubled me in the beginning, felt better in 48 hours, and am feeling good now. Driven it on highway, in the city, on hilly, winding roads. didnt feel any probs whatsoever. Unlike my dear friend ENKI, pretty sedate driving. Trying so hard to keep it under 2k RPM. It's just not possible, even though I am more or less a sedate driver. I've started feeling that the first 3000 km under 2k RPM is just hogwash. On highways, the grande is giving me 19.5-20.5 kmpl. on the winding, uphill roads, it drops to some 17.5-18 kmpl. Both with full-time AC.

Getting used to the controls, which is rather slow, as i'm hard-pressed for time. The Blue n Me is awesome, great clarity of voice inside the car, and the person at the other end of the line has absolutely no probs in making out what the ones sitting inside the car are speaking. my bro-in-law who sat in the rear spoke really softly, still it was damn clear to my finicky dad-in-law. Wifey loves the car, but she tends to be tentative once i start sitting inside the car even towards late nights, like 11-12 in the night. I tell her i'm trying to figure out the controls etc. but what i'm doing is sitting inside, feeling IT.

Quite contrary to what i expected, the speakers are good enough for me. checked and changed the EQ settings, and it works well for me, with my Rock collections.

One thing which i still don't like about Fiat, is its finish with the plastics. some plastics have already generated gaps, irritating me a bit. the glove box lid closes, with a gap gaping at me on the right side. and yes, the glove box cant accommodate the case which holds the documents of the car. funny that it's from Fiat.

More follows, but till then, just one thing to say: I'm just IN LOVE.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

to add to what i said in the beginning, wifey complained twice that we're driving too slow for the highways. the passenger cant see the speedo from the left side clearly, as it's on the left of the panel. i showed her the gauge, and the needle said 80-85. She was wordless. Her expression said it all. She thought it was like 40.
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hahahaha, Great Drive dude and enjoy puntoing...
    Sure you are bitten by a FIAT bug now, Now you wont find the thrill of driving in any other brands thats for sure, until unless you opt for High Class Luxary Cars..
    The same thing this side dude, I sometimes sit in my car and watch it closely and pamper it always. As it always listens to the you.
    It simply cuts the corners as if you cut the butter with a hot knife.
  6. sungoa2010

You made me to go back 1.5 years back, sitting inside the car with manual to understand all features and enjoying the fresh smell the new car. It is a pleasure to drive punto in God's own country roads with the punch of multijet. Enjoy. The only problem that my wife and son find with the car is that I spend lot of time with Punto.Can't help.

Two days back I sat inside the Sunny. The fit and finish of plastics is very good. But even though it is a sedan the feel that get in drivers seat with the long-nose Punto is far superior than the sunny-sedan .
    1 person likes this.
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

You were a sedate driver rahul, You won't be for too long.
    Don't blame yourself, the car's control is the culprit here. None of us is that special.
    It doesn't matter whether you are a sedate/aggressive/skilled/non skilled/novice/expert/pro, every FIAT owner posts here high speeds some day & never feels less than schumacker henceforth:evilsmile, including myself.
    A horse rider hardly matters if his horse is lame. If the horse is smart as human & fast, the rider rides it fast. It's known as ecstacy of horse riding. Let's not blame the rider here, Kill the horse instead;). You are already feeling very uncomfortable in high 80s. Mind it, if you are over 120, immediately stop calling yourself sedate. Lol..!!

Wonderful to see one more love affection relationship continuing between FIAT & it's owner. Hey how about a FIAT tatoo on our forearms? Isn't it a good idea:p.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  8. maverick

maverick Amatore

Rahul congrats on your new companion. Have fun in munching miles. The stock speakers are good till volume level 11, if you can get mp3s ripped at 256 - 320 kbps that will be icing on the cake.

I got Appolo Accelare when I bought my car. Stock 195/60 R15 tires are pretty good, I have covered 16k kms in 11 months and have not faced any degradation in performance after 9k kms.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

By the way, had an incidence to share since it's about Owner - FIAT's love saga. 2 days back, the fuel indicator was already at bottom. I felt lazy as mentioned in owner's handbook that there is 7 ltrs of fuel left in reserve when the fuel needle is at "end". So thought like completing the "UP" journey & get it filled by returning. While returning, it was like, let's stop it next pump. The worst excuse to myself, i will use IOC only from today onwards. Obviously It was never used before & is the last one on my "return" journey:(. When i was entering fuel station after traveling almost 130 Kms in reserve, the car stopped with a jerk & i saw "Check engine" on driver display. My heart was in my mouth with immediately things like "Catalytic converter" or "Fuel pump" going kaput. I stopped it, switched it off, got out & was about to bang my head in the boundary wall of the station. Bad thoughts zipping through with puffs of cigarette was making me feel even more uneasy. How to relax myself was a big question? Suddenly some cool breeze & i felt very nice. Being late evening, i though to have a pee roadside to further relax me. Man, was i relaxed::V. It was like my essence came back & re-energized. Pushed the vehicle to the pump & got it filled to the brim. Cranked the engine, with a few secs longer cranking, thank god it started but the warning of check engine was still there. Anyways sit inside & felt sorry to the beauty like it's saying to me "do i deserve this". I felt emotionally regretting it like i have done something wrong to one of dearest one.

Anyways stopped again after traveling 2-3 Kms. Took out the spanner, disconnected -ve terminal for 2 mins & reconnected it. The warning is gone. Put my head on it's steering, felt extremely sorry for my sin & took resolution that i will keep the tank filled at least 1/4th always henceforth.

Whom so ever is reading it, pls don't ignore & follow it religiously. That's one big drawback of MJD's that they are very sensitive to such mistakes like starting it with a push or fuel cut offs etc. (too many sensors, catalytic converter & piezo electric injectors). The stuff is ageless if handled as it's meant to be & very hi tech. This suggestions is coming from an ignorant one though, i apologize that but it doesn't devalue the suggestion.

Still anything bad happens, don't panic & have a pee roadside. I promise, issue will be immediately resolved:dance.
    3 people like this.
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

How far was the pump?