1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Got PUNTOed on 2nd Nov 2013

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by 3eR0r, Dec 13, 2013.

1. 3eR0r

Guys please excuse me for the long post and let me know if I have posted in a wrong manner.

Hi everyone posting the experience almost a month later

The buying decision---

The hunt for a new hatchback started in Aug 2013 as we wanted to upgrade from our very trusty Maruti 800 to a better one. My car research included first to make a list of cars with the features they offer but again with the max budget of 8 Lac. And yes we wanted to go for Diesel as we knew with the upgrade our usage will increase. As currently I do all my long rides on my Royal Enfield Thunderbird 09 which is very reliable for long runs, so really wanted something when am out with my family it should feel safe and comfortable and another thing is should be fun to drive :).

After the list, I started to cancel out the cars which were either charging high for the features which I did not require or the few basic features that were not all there according to our requirement. Also took test drive of almost 6-7 cars just to get feel of the diesel power as till then I always used our Maruti 800.
    It was September when I came across Honda Amaze and loved the features it offered for the price tag. Visited Fortune Honda on my way back home to enquire about the details part. The VX version of the Diesel Amaze had most of the required features which I was satisfied with. The next day was Saturday and I revisited them with my parents and wife and guess what. They all liked it because of the space inside the car, seating comfort and sedan look. So after checking the car in detail and the test drive, we booked the VX version in Majestic Blue. And then as per the SA the waiting time started which he said would be around 4 months.

Another thing in my mind to book an Amaze was, we were not in a hurry to buy our new car so let us wait for the time given and we can cancel the booking anytime if we feel so. Then I started reading about Amaze extensively and started to compare it with the existing cars in the market. As expected in back of my mind I started questing myself shall we really spend 8 Lac + for this car, as in the next month itself the OTR price was raised from 8.04 to 8.11 Lac. The thing was, when booking the car we just got influenced with Honda name first then interior space, the boot and the sedan feel, and yes the fuel efficiency they were claiming about it.

So had a discussion with family and again I started to look for something which is truly features full and I pay for what I require. Yes in the list I made, Punto was definitely there but due to mixed reviews on many of the forums and portal could not decide upon it. As I already had checked Punto in the showroom whenever I used to compare other cars for the features lastly I started comparing them with Punto. That was the time when my heart started to shift towards this beauty and whenever I compared it with any other hatchback the more I got pulled towards it.

I made up my mind to visit the Fiat showroom with family and check Punto again. Visited Tejaswi Motors and had a test drive of Punto 75HP and the feeling was really awesome :wow. That smile on my face :D, it never came when I tried other hatchbacks. That was the time I(Only me) decided to go for Punto and cancel Amaze asap. The SA also explained the features of the car. Everyone in my family loved the beauty and features of Punto more than Amaze. I asked the SA at Tejaswi to keep me updated of the offers for Oct and Nov, that was the time we wanted to get our new car(near Diwali time). But that SA who took my number also never ever called me back for any details, don’t remember his name. I was a bit disappointed with this if this is how they handle a prospect what will happen when I will be their customer. But it was time for my happiness, while on my way to office saw hoarding of another Fiat dealer A V Motors which was closest Fiat showroom for me.

Booking and Delivery---
    It was 1[SUP]st[/SUP] weekend of Oct, me with family visited A V Motors and met with Mr. Arun (SM) and again checked both Punto 75HP and 90HP. He explained the offers and details to me and my father and till then my mother and wife were checking the Red Punto Sport. After all the details were clear the same day we booked our OB Punto Emotion 75HP which they promised to be delivered at Oct end. OB Emotion was not readily available with them so they had to get it from Pune for us. Oh yess, the same day we did cancel the Honda Amaze and after 1-2 weeks got our full booking amount back.

Now it was Punto 1.3 MJD into my extensive reading on various portals and of course TFI. I am really thankful to TFI and members to describe everything about Fiats in clear details. I was really happy and very eager to get my hands on our Punto and that wait time is really somewhat painful I guess. Most of us must have gone through this am sure. As they committed our OB Punto emotion arrived at their stockyard on 28[SUP]th[/SUP] Oct, also got the VIN and its Aug 2013 manufactured. We decided to do our PDI on 29[SUP]th[/SUP] Oct and went with the SA to the Stockyard. Thanks again for the PDI checklist from TFI which was very helpful to check each and everything during the PDI. All looked good but the car was very dusty, they should have at least washed it and kept for PDI.

We decided to take the delivery on 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Nov as it was Dhanteras an auspicious day to welcome something new into our house. Till then all the paper work and the payments were taken care and cleared. On 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Nov gave a call to the SA and asked for the time of delivery and we reached at the showroom after lunch at around 2 PM. Our brand new Punto emotion was standing there. Again at the showroom they got it cleaned and dusted before the delivery.

Now it was time, after waiting so long for our new car the keys were given to my father and the showroom performed a small puja. Oh yes the SM explained us all the controls and Blue & Me features too, connected my phone via Bluetooth and it was very fast. After the demo, at around 4.30 PM we left from the showroom to our usual temple for the puja, with me in the driver seat really excited as well as tensed(Due to traffic conditions). I remembered the day on which how I managed to get my new motorcycle home slowly and safely after the delivery. I was very careful to check the gaps on the road while driving towards the temple near our home. Performed the puja at the temple then left for home and parked our new Punto Emotion 1.3 MJD.

1st Drive Experience---
    Now its 1 month 2 weeks and Punto has done 2600KM. We have done few shot runs and one trip to Shirdi from Hyd. Absolutely an amazing performer, it is really comfortable for long drives and in city too. In this trip our Punto faced all types of road conditions but yes the driver needs to be careful to make the car go smoothly on the bad patches too. The car is very stable and a very good handler even on high speeds. The gear shifts, clutch, braking all are really good but initially takes time get adjusted to all this new feel.

For the department of Issues, I faced 2 till now. 1[SUP]st[/SUP] was the glove box was not fitted properly, some hinge inside it was out of place so whenever it was opened the tray used to hang a little bit more than the normal position. But this was solved by some alignment done to the hinge joint by the service centre. 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] issue is the AC drainage pipe leak. On my 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] visit to the SC for this issue this time they have put some tape on drainage pipe at the joint. I hope it doesn’t get loose again and stays in the place.

With the rest of the things am very happy PUNTOing around :cool:.

Thanks again to TFI and members for all the info given on the forum which helped me to be a proud owner of my own OB Punto Emotion 1.3 MJD.

Thanks and keep motoring,
    7 people like this.
  2. Ravish, Welcome to TFI, please do posts pics of your new car.
  3. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Hi ravish, welcome to TFI .
    Your review is not complete without the pics if the beauty
  4. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi ravish, welcome to TFi :)

Please post the pic of your ride...:redcar
  5. 3eR0r

Here are the Pics...

IMG_0103.jpg IMG_0104.jpg IMG_0107.jpg IMG_2821.jpg IMG_2822.jpg IMG_2823.jpg IMG_2927.jpg IMG_2929.jpg IMG_2930.jpg IMG_2931.jpg IMG_3824.jpg
    4 people like this.

Grande Punto 1.3
    Fabulous pics.Congrats Ravish & Welcome to TFI.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Ravish many congratulations for you new Punto and she looks amazing.

I would suggest you to remove those door protector black plastic line as it is not looking good.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Congratulation on the OB Punto. The colour looks rocking on the car. Good thing that you listened to your heart instead of head (read Amaze). Welcome to the Punto family.

So the initial niggles are taken care of, the car must be now ready for the reason it was bought, zooming.

I would echo what Kedar suggested, pls get the door protector removed or changed to body matching colour. One suggestion from my side, even the door mouldings dont get well with the car. In fact they are spoiling the clean looks of the doors. Rest up to you.

Happy many more mile crunching and drive safely.
  9. 3eR0r

Thanks for the wishes people...

@kedarbendre & ghodlur I would definitely consider your points.

I got one query... The steering of my car starts vibrating in the speed range of 95 - 110 or so. This is not seen for speed either below that or more than 110 Kmph. Could any one tell me if its related to Alignment & Balancing or some other issue.
  10. 3eR0r

Thanks for the wishes guys...

I got one query... The steering of my car starts vibrating in the speed range of 95-110. This is not noticed for the speeds below that or higher than 110 KMPH. Could someone tell me if its an issue of Alignment & Balancing or something else.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks for the wishes guys...

I got one query... The steering of my car starts vibrating in the speed range of 95-110. This is not noticed for the speeds below that or higher than 110 KMPH. Could someone tell me if its an issue of Alignment & Balancing or something else.