1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Got my Punto 1.3MJD Emotion - Oceanic Blue

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by shinto07, Nov 12, 2013.

1. shinto07

shinto07

Chennai
    Hello Everyone!

I got my Punto last week and I decided to be a part of Team-Fiat. So, created my account and thought of introducing myself...

I am Shinto Shyam from Chennai and I got my car from RDC Fiat. The overall experience was good except that there was some pulling issues which was rectified a few days before. Mine is Oceanic Blue. So can anyone suggest me the best ways to maintain the car? Also there is some steering vibration between 110-120 kmph. Is this normal?

I am also planning a trip to Goa. So please suggest the best route.

Here are the pics:

DSC_0362.jpg
    DSC_0454.jpg
    DSC_0373.jpg
    DSC_0322.jpg
    14 people like this.
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome to TFi Shinto :)

Oceanic Blue looks cool. Vibrations are not normal try to check the wheel balancing from the reputed wheel alignment near to you.
  3. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Cool ride Shinto, Please get your wheel balancing done, you can head to B.M Lal's which is near Sathyam in Chennai. With regards to maintaining the car, please make sure you use some micro fiber cloth to clean it to avoid swirl marks, OB is a magnet for swirl marks, a yearly visit to friendly neighborhood 3M would also work wonders :)
  4. Great choice of Color, congratulations!!
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Welcome aboard. Great choice!

For any issue related to the car, please post in an appropriate thread :)
  6. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Congrats Shinto..I specially like the second and fourth pictures..
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Welcome to the forum Shinto (Is that your real name??), suggest to have a look at the rules n regulations of the forum.

Congratulations on the OB Punto. As Mods suggested, pls start a seperate ownership thread and post a lot of pics of the beauty.
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Nice pics. :) Is that Pondicherry, those beautiful roads.
    1 person likes this.
  9. shinto07

shinto07

Chennai
    Thanks... I'll try to do it as soon as possible.

- - - Merged Post - - -

How much will it cost at 3M?

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks... :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thank you.. I will write about the issues in another thread..

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks bro.. Those are my favourite too. :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Haha.. You aren't the first one to ask so. :p Yes that's my real name.
  10. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Shinto, welcome to TFI. congratulations for the new car. OB looks so cool.

I have done under chassis coating (with 5 yr warrenty, 3.5K cost), polishing (cost around 3.5 K) and anti glaring sheet for the front windshield (cost around 8K) and I did it in 3M car care Virugambakkam. Works are nicely done. I also got a coupons for one free washing, polishing and interior cleaning.

Is it worth putting a PPF (paint protection film)? They are quoting around 12 K for bonnet, front and rear bumper corners. On that day I saw a Ford Ecosport, and they have PPF for entire front and rear bumper, bonnet and fender (it is between the bumper and front door, hope I mentioned it right) for a cost of 33K :(.