1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Got my new Fiat Punto Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ugandhar, Feb 1, 2014.

1. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome to TFI ugandhar!
    Hope you have a enjoyable journey with the beast.

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
  2. ugandhar

ugandhar Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi All..

Completed 500KM atlast.. and i am getting around 12 km/l mileage with a/c on in city. I am able to make only one short long trip (240 km) and getting 20 km/l mileage with a/c on.....
    Still i am new to four wheel driving and this may improve after sometime.
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    It will definitely improve ugandhar. MJD 75hp are know to give mileage of atlest 15-16 on an average.

Happy Riding!!
  4. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Do not worry about mileage. I am also like you i learned my driving on my new punto. Initially i got 11 KM/L and now settled to around 15 KM/L in Bangalore city with 100% AC ON..... Total KM driven till date is more than 7K. After first 2000 KM run your engine will start opening up.
  5. ugandhar

ugandhar Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even though i visit everyday this forum not written any updates on my car, Thought of write a summary about my Car experience after completing One Year with my 10 hours of driving lessons. :)

1 month:
    While driving to my hometown heard some loud noise , So stopped vehicle and saw the front tyre sidewall cut happened (May be because of stone) in middle of my journey and changed tyre for the first time. Went 60km more to near city (madanapalli, A.P) and i manage to get the same Apollo accellere 190/60 tyre also done wheel alignment.

1st Free Service:
    No issues and service amount is 0.
    Changed Mud Flaps to absolute edition, But after seeing too much dirt on my front doors then reverted only Front MudFlaps to old one.

7 Months:
    Travelling again to my hometown at 90 speed at night time, Suddenly Dog/Pig has come on the way and Front Bumper and Fog lamp broken :(. To my surprise complete Coolant has gone and i drove car 15 km more to reach my home (Not aware of the importance of coolant, but i kept seeing the Temperature on dashboard ). And in my Hometown(KADAPA, A.P) No fiat service stations :)
    So called fiat and explained and they said about arranging Towing service which will cost me 15 k approx for 250 kms.
    Then i took car to local mechanic and found that radiator crack happened and it's been fixed for temporary and Filled with Blue coolant then i drove to bangalore.

Got big surprise as i had Comprehensive insurance of Bajaj and will be getting only half of the amount, So paid 10k from my pocket and blasted my GE (company leased vehicle partner ) about not mentioning the importance of Zero depreciation and Comprehensive.
    Parts Changed: Front Bumper, Fog Lamp, Radiator, Lower Grill and Painted my orvm caps to Red. Done Black roof for 1500.

Added Teamfiat Stickers to my ride. :)
    10K :
    Done Wheel Alignment and Balancing for 780 /-.

1 Year 10 days / 2nd free service:
    Added Addon of Drive Assure to my Insurance.
    Completed 14.2 k for 1 year and given service at Aadya today.
    Total Bill around 5.2k, Yet to receive my vehicle.
    SA called me and said Break pads will come for 5k kms more and have to change after that.
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @ugandhar

Congrats on completing the 10K on the Punto. So its been a mixed experience with the car is it?
    Regarding the damaged tyre, didnt you have the warranty on the tyre? You should have got a replacement from Fiat or Apollo.
    The rubber mud flaps are far better than the plastic one even if they look atrocious on the car.

Dont fall for the brake pad replacement trick, check if they really need to be replaced. What was FASS's reason for changing the brake pads, the car has hardly done 10K on the odo. Usually the pad last for at least 30K kms.
  7. ugandhar

ugandhar Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ghodlur
    This is my first car and really can't compare or Differentiate with other cars, But one thing i am sure about is it takes money and time to maintain car and get the comfort. ;)
    Not sure on the warranty but still that tyre is lying around in my village and i think i can't claim anything now.
    SA told me Break pads will come only 20k kms average and i need to change after 5k kms as i completed 14.2k kms now. Will check with SA again about break pads while taking delivery.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Ensure that you do it before they replace the pads and bill you. Insist on inspection before replacement. BTW do you hard brake quite often?
  9. ugandhar

ugandhar Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    May be.. i will read some articles on how to avoid hard braking