1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

got my GP 90 hp booked

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by ronyraj, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Hello all my fellow Fiatians,

My name is Rony. I’m from Cochin, kerala. got my GP 90 hp booked on 20th of Dec'2010, the dealer had assured me the delivery within 15 days of booking and I’m very much thrilled to get behind the wheels of the beauty,(HYSON MOTORS, they are the new dealers for Central Kerala). by yesterday they had rang up and told me that my car has been arrived @ their yard and hence I’ve to make the payment for taking the T.P, but I insist on seeing the car first and have a preliminary inspection, but the sales rep is not cooperating to show the car@yard, saying that they have no option to allow the customer to their yard. Why should I make the payment before not seeing the car, which they are supposed to deliver to me? Is it true that the dealer don’t allow their customer to their yard? A customer doesn’t have the right to see his car before making the payment? What should I do now? Shall I report this directly this issue to Fiat India? Need a genuine opinion of you people.
    Will update my experience after the delivery. Watch out….
    Rony Raj.
  2. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai
    Hey Ronyraj...Congrats......But Please have patience....

Never sign any document at the dealer bfore checking everything. The dealer folks will rush for the delivery after full payment and ask you to sign the delivery note.

Regarding PDI ( Pre Delivery Inspection) - Check this site for PDI checklist (.xls)

The dealer should allow you to do a PDI yourself, AND that too before registration of vehicle. The dealer also has the same process where they check as per their norms. If they are not allowing, then you can write them email,letter,fax and ask for response. If they don't respond then dont pay them.Behave stubborn and Approach their sales manager.

Though, I wish this situation should not arise and enjoy the experience.

The last word, don't giveup.... TFI is always there

3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Is there just one dealer in Cochin? Tell them you will cancel the deal if they don't show the car. This will have two effects:

1.) if they really have the car in stock, they will show it to you. Looking at Fiat sales, they would like to retain the customer and sell the car asap. Who knows how long they would have to hold this car in stock if you walk away!

2.) if they don't have the car in stock, it will just expose their lies. Clearly, it would mean, they were trying to bound you to the deal by taking full payment so it makes it more difficult for you to cancel the deal on delay's in delivery.

You could ask them for the VIN of the car and check it online too. VIN experts can throw more light on this.
  4. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai
    How to check VIN online ? Is this available in India ?
  5. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Check this thread - viewtopic.php?f=61&t=182
  7. thnx guys for ur advices, anyway atlast i'm gettin the delivery of my baby today!!! m xited!!!
  8. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    congrats! waiting for pics!