1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Got Italian Black Beauty

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by hearity, Nov 17, 2010.

1. hearity

:wow I have a car now :dancing

In Diwali I took deliver of my Black Grand Punto 1.2 Emotion. This is a best diwali gift I ever had, though it is self gift ::D I will post snaps very soon. I purchased it from Wasan Motors, Chembur, Mumbai. Though my experience with dealer was average and I will write post on Wasan very soon. But I don't wanna spoil this post with any negatives.

This is my first car and I am very far from experience driver, but first time when I was on driver seat I just said What a car!!!!!. It is almost 10 days now and I have crossed only 300 kms ( it was already 150+ during delivery, as dealer's stockyard is in Bhiwandi 40-50 kms from Mumbai). As of now I am just driving till railway station, but will go beyond that very soon.

This car is perfect in every way,
    -> be it interior (still I must say there is lots of scope for improvement specially plastic quality)
    -> Exterior is sexier then venezuelan/russian beauties
    -> Spacious back seat
    -> Handling is good (at this point I cant judge much though :cool: )

This weekend I am going for long tour to Gujarat, so lets see how babe performs on highway. I have hired good driver, I hope he drives carefully. I will deffinately share my highway experience with you, specially milleage ::V . Just wanna know if I need to carry any car documents with me as I m going outside Maharastra. Please let me know about things I need to take care for long tour. Currently I am bit nervous, but I will enjoy once I am confident of my driver's driving skills.

So I am going for now :car
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Welocome hearity.

I think insurance, and registration doc, apart from DL, is sufficient. Don't press hard for few more hundred KMs.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Welcome Hearity

Where in Gujarat are you headed to?

TIll 1000 kms on ODO, keep the speed below 100 kmph for a better run-in.

Have a safe ride & Enjoy the beauty !!!
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Congratulations and best wishes, hearity, on becoming a proud owner of a precious Punto.

I will be leaving my home this afternoon in my Fiat Linea for a 17 day and 6000+ km trip. I will be in Mumbai tomorrow and Ahmedabad on the day after.

I am carrying all the documents in original like driving licence, registration certificate, insurance policy, pollution-free certificate, etc. Also, I have the Fiat Linea owner's handbook, Fiat dealers' address and contact phone numbers, torch light, etc.

I am also carrying spare engine oil, coolant, windshield wiper fluid in addition to tool kit, spanner set, Jospasu car duster, alloy wheel cleaner spray, etc. As we are family of five, a few umbrellas are also loaded in my Fiat Linea's boot. A few days back, my Linea had her second free servicing done. I made sure all the tyres, including the spare, were filled with air to the pressure recommended in Fiat Linea owner's handbook. Needless to say, my Linea's petrol tank is full to the brim now.

Bon voyage.
  5. Roadrash30

Congrats hearity...I too got my special gift for this diwali..
    1.4 Em pk Bossa nova white...Happy riding :steering
  6. Anyone travelling to Gujarat by outside registered car, don't forget to paste yellow sticker on right head light. I was caught in AHD for not having one and fined 200/- recently. I was also asked for PUC and license. I've read somewhere that while travelling to the other state, you must always have the latest PUC as you don't have to worry till 3 months having PUC as proof.
  7. Although i don't think am going to travel to GJ in car anytime but out of curiosity.What kind of yellow sticker is this ? Can you paste any yellow coloured sticker or you have to get one from GJ RTO? Whats the use of this sticker ?
  8. I think any yellow strip verticality in the middle should do. In my case, i was caught on baroda-ahd e-way exit and he showed me the GJ RTO rule book and asked one sticker fellow to stick it on my car by paying the fine. Later i saw that yellow strip in almost every car in my Gujarat trip. May be i should click the pic and post it. I dont know whats the use and m still having it in MH and no objection from traffic police here, so i would rather keep it that way only.

BTW, as they say "when you are caught by traffic police, you have to pay something" and as i was driving MH car in GJ, didn't offend much but paid him the fine
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Its a narrow Yellow strip sticked on the headlight to reduce the glare to the oncoming traffic, I guess.
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Congrats on aquiring the Italian beauty ::T
    My hearty wishes for you to aquire Venezeulan and Russian beauties as well :mrgreen: ::OO