1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Got Engaged to My New Love - Linea 1.3 MJD emotion pearl white

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by ashish_kausar, Oct 24, 2013.

1. ashish_kausar

ashish_kausar Timido

Ghaziabad
    Dear TFI'ans
    After visiting various showrooms and checking different car's in the last 1.5 months finally i have decided to marry Linea 1.3 MJD emotion in pearl white color and got engaged on 13th Oct. Since the day i booked this car i am calling almost every day to check the delivery status. A month back when i decided to change my car from Tata indica i was very clear about my requirements

1. Should be a sedan or SUV as i am driving a hatch for the last 8 years.
    2. Large boot space so that i can carry loads of stuff ( i have 2 kids and they want to take all their belongings with them whenever we are going out for holidays).
    3. Safety is of utmost importance as i used to drive a lot on highways
    4. Should be a top model as i want everything to be factory fitted.

Started my search for the best with the following inputs -

1. Verna - top model is out of my reach so decided not to go for TD.
    2. Vento - Two of my friend's feedback on Vento was negative.
    3. Eco sport – It was looking very nice from outside but the moment i stepped into the car decided not to buy it as everything is hatchback inside.
    4. Dezire - not a sedan and ugly.
    5. Amaze - Didn't liked the interiors and space inside car is too less.
    6. Etios - too boring interiors even though the space inside cabin is too much.

While checking Etios, i saw a black Renault Scala parked in the adjacent showroom and i was totally impressed with the styling and cabin space and took the TD which was pretty good. SM gave me good discount so it came into my budget too. Till that time Fiat was nowhere in the picture as no SM/dealer was comparing their product with this car. Finally decided to go for Scala. On my way to Renault showroom for booking the car in sec 63 Noida, i saw a Fiat showroom and decided to take a look... I must tell you i will praise myself for the rest of my life for taking this decision...

i saw a beauty in T.Wine color parked inside and before i could say anything my better half declared the winner... after some more discussion with the SM and getting the feel of the car i almost decided that i am not going further from here. Took a TD and while coming back to showroom from the TD i told SM that i want to book this car right now. He gave me pretty nice discount apart from free goodies such as basic kit, reverse parking sensor, extended warranty.

He told me that i will get the car in 15 days meaning before Diwali and i have no reason not to believe him...hope they will keep their promise.

Since i am buying emotion so everything is there but I would love to know what else i can add to enhance the beauty. All suggestions are most welcome and thanks in advance for the same..:)
    8 people like this.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Congrats, happy motoring.
  3. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations. Liked the below.
    2 people like this.
  4. ashish_kausar

ashish_kausar Timido

Ghaziabad
    Thanks Bala, Limraj
  5. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  6. venky1957

venky1957 Novizio

Kumbakonam/Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats..... Happy driving.
  7. ashish_kausar

ashish_kausar Timido

Ghaziabad
    Congrats Bharath ... I am sure FIAT will make this Diwali beautiful for all of us by keeping their promise..

thanks Venky..
  8. pandemd

pandemd Novizio

Pune
    Congrats buddy,
    You made a right decision. Scala looks good but Linea can beat it any time when safety is a point of concern.

Fiat's Blue and me is a very good feature but has it's limitations as listed below.
    1. No Bluetooth music streaming
    2. No music navigation control on head unit. Driver only has to control music from steering mounted controls. This may be point of debate, but in my opinion it's really hard to navigate different folders, artist, albums, tracks etc while driving. So if your child is asking some specific track, (which happens to me a lot) and you are in a bumper to bumper traffic it really becomes difficult to navigate to particular track.

I found a product on ebay which can be used in car or at home as well. I bought one and it is just fantastic. Now I use it in both the location. I use it in car to stream FM quality music to Blue and Me and at home to stream music to my home theater. Following is the link of the same. Wireless FM Transmitter of Music from Mp3 iPod Nano Video Touch Shuffle Touch | eBay So when my son asks for some specific track, I simply handover my phone to him.

Milind Pande,
    Pune - 57
  9. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    Congrats Ashish for your wise decision
  10. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Thanks Ashish.Yes its going to be Linea focused rather than Diwali :evilsmile