1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Got call from service center to pick my car!!??

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Cubbie, May 22, 2011.

1. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Guys, I received SMS day before to collect my car from Service Centre along with my Car Reg...

After which the showroom lady called me to ask how the service went

After which a Survey company followed up (3 different people) to request for the feedback on the car service.

All this when I didnt give my car for any kind of servicing... leave along servicing, i didnt go anywhere near to Service Centre !!....

So wondering what kind of scam is this? or the dealer doing some kind a magic to make money out of Fiat.... or am i missing on something like a critical upgrade or free thingy (silent recalls etc?)

Anyone came across such an event before? Should I be writing to someone in FIAT about this incident?

Some how I cant seem to take my mind out of this now...:eek:

Mods : Please edit the Heading... seems like FIAT is not at fault... why take thier name haan...
    Last edited: May 22, 2011
  2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

TASS is known for such malpractise..Sure shoot a mail to FIAT and also register ur complaint to the Customer care..Now even im curious to know their game plan :D
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Cubbie Tata Motors Central Database have gone mad and contact details of almost all owners have changed.
    My contact details got updated from my current address to Sector 23/A Chandigarh, Ambala, Ambala, Haryana 134113. and ph no. to something 9888xxxxxxx which is not mine.

Everytime Tata updates it's database software things like this happens. Your contact details must have got merged with some other car owners database i.e. you are getting these calls. Happened with me too in December
  4. kaps

kaps Superiore

Reminded me of that serial "office office" where the consumer complaints that he got a telephone bill even though he has not installed one :)
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Couple of months back I got an SMS reminding me of a service that was not yet due and when I checked with Mohandas Motors during a free checkup Camp, they explained that it originates from Tata Motors and sometimes their database sends out such messages. Now I am curious to know what is the real truth.
  6. nehamit

nehamit Timido

Well, I also had the same experience. I received such call from Aspi Cars here in Ahmedabad on 30-04-2011. I called back to the dealer and I got vague reply that the job card of the free service camp was closed so I received such sms. This is one type of malpractice now a days dealers are involved in. My two friends also had the similar experience. I realized that when we complaint directly to Fiat and it is opened from Tata at their end, dealers are not happy. What they do is, just open a job card for which you complained to Fiat, shows on paper that it is rectified and system generates the sms when job card is closed. Probably Tata-Fiat are taking complaints seriously and must have tightened the screws on dealers-service centers, and to improve their performance, they are doing this. I have informed the Fiat and yet to receive any reply.
  7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

@ Cubbie :- Add your number in Do not disturb list....then when they call yu next time ask them to doublecheck the DND and tell you if your number is there....
  8. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I get a SMS from TATA Motors giving Birthday wishes , in January !!!! When neither my dad's or mine birthday falls in that month ....
    I have got my details updated at the showroom , but still it keeps on reverting back to the old details .... What bloody software is being used by TATA for data management ?

OT - I receive a sms from Prime Honda , saying that ur car [regn no. _______] is ready after servicing . We dont own a Honda for sure . Since its a system generated sms , it shows no number , however contacted Prime Honda , and they keep on saying that they will shortly look into the matter , but nothings been done so far ....
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    @Dilip-- Why not go to Prime Honda and pick up the car after paying the service charges? :p
    I want to get my details updated with TASC. I miss so many notifications regarding free camps etc.
  10. Guys just an FYI...Fiat has asked JD Power (Noida) to collect feedback from all over India before the launch of Fiat Cafe's in Delhi and Pune. A couple of weeks after summer camp i received a call from JD Power (who rated Fiat 2nd in Customer Satisfaction last yesr) who went through a brief survey on how everything is going with Fiat. I am not sure of TASS calling customers but yes everyone is supposed to receive calls from JD Power...