1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Got a punto?.. How fast have you gone!!???

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by zeeshan choudhury, Mar 7, 2015.

1. zeeshan choudhury

zeeshan choudhury Timido

Grande Punto 1.4
    Hi all... Its so lovely to see and meet FIAT lovers here!!
    I love my car!!!
    I Have a Punto 1.4L Petrol
    I dont think Ive driven anything like it before!!!..

and mind you its three years old since I got her... but man does she love to run .. fly rather!
    She is in stock condition!! and puts a smile on my face every time I floor it!!
    sandipan_r15 likes this.
  2. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    @zeeshan-choudhury warm welcome to TFI.Start your ownership thread so that others can have a smile on their face whenever they will read your experience with your 1.4l GP.Keep posting & enjoy your GP.
    zeeshan choudhury likes this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    a) Speed thrills but kills.
    b) Please don't drive that fast.
    c) Please don't ask (or give ideas indirectly) that going at high speed is fun.
    d) Many people regularly have reported that Punto and Linea's and for that matter most cars today go at great (redline) speeds, where even a tyre burst could mean fatality.
    e) We do not have Autobahns here or the kind of mind-set needed for high speed driving in lanes without jeopardising others. So on a seemingly empty expressway, there are major screw-ups by others too leading in a chain reaction.

It is great that you love your Punto, please love yourself even more. :stop:
    naruf1, Saket Sidana and RaviHegde like this.
  4. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Well said @asimpleson. Another major issue on our roads are stray animals coming on the road any time. At crazy speeds there is no time to react. It will end up in a disaster. Though most of today's cars can run much faster than that there is a strong reason for imposing that limit. Speed limits are imposed mainly on the basis of SSD (safe stopping distance). Road surface, curves, gradients, possibility of people and animals coming on the road, tyre tread, vehicle weight and speed all play a role in deciding SSD. Speed limit on the roads is decided looking at all these factors. That is why sticking to the limit is important - not only for your safety, safety of others too.

We should stick to <= 80 kmph on state highways and may be can go little higher on 4 lane barricaded roads. However official speed limit on many 4 lane roads is also 80 kmph (AFAIK). Drive within speed limits. Be safe, keep others also safe!
    asimpleson likes this.
  5. zeeshan choudhury

zeeshan choudhury Timido

Grande Punto 1.4
    true ! I agree !!
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 8, 2015 ---
    Speed May thrill but yes it Definitely kills!!...
    If you are going fast, even on a highway, it is extremely important to know the terrain, a highway with intersections is a complete nono
    And I Agree, completely agree with Asimpleson ...
    We don't have Autobahns here or for that matter people with a responsible mindset
    We have no right to put someone else or ourselve in a jeopardous situation!!
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
    asimpleson likes this.
  6. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have 1.3 emotion and it does not go over 165-170 kmph.
    Highest i have driven is 190 kmph in India (Skoda Rapid) and 180 kmph in South Africa (Nissan Micra) and 110MPH in Scotland (Hyundai ix35). Simply loved the Hyundai with Traction control, Stability control, a near perfect silent car.

And guys dont drive fast until and unless you know the terrain, place or the highway. 80 to 100 is the best speed.....
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015