1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Got a new 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rishijaveri, Jun 5, 2014.

1. rishijaveri

rishijaveri

Ahmedabad
    Hello everyone,

we recently relocated to Ahmedabad from Dubai. i was searching for a good safe car. my first thought wasn't fiat. in march i was travelling from nashik to trimbakeshwar and the roadworks were in progress. the rental car was moving effortlessly on the broken road. i asked driver about the car make and model. he told me thats its a punto diesel. i was impressed. Came back to fiat showroom to have a look, was instantly hooked on to it. shortlisted a punto, then i heard about avventura and the punto facelift. waited for a month before finalising the linea 1.3 mjd emotion 2014.

Booked on 20th may got the car on 22nd. after an initial getting used to drive a manual transmission after 8 years of automatic, the car flew effortlessly on roads.
    5 people like this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome to the forum rishijaveri..! :)

Wish you lots of happy mile cruching with the Linea MJD.
  3. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome to TFI Rishi.......

Yes it takes only one long ride to fall in love with the machines created by FIAT.....

Have Many Many Happy Miles with LINEA..........
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    This is the first time I have heard that a rental car inspired someone to buy a Fiat.

Hearteist congratulations on owning the Linea. Surprised to know you got the delivery within a couple of days, how was the registration completed so fast? Didnt you do the PDI? Sorry for asking too many question.

Please start an ownership thread ASAP with lots of pics.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
  5. rishijaveri

rishijaveri

Ahmedabad
    i asked the dealer regarding the availability, white colour was in stock. i had the required money so paid them, got a temporary number (Dealer registered on RTO website, took the printout of numbers and stuck it on car). just had the High security number plates installed 3 days back. now waiting for the RC card. numberplate fitting took 9 minutes.
    i didnt get what PDI means.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Please search forum for the same. It means pre delivery inspection. It was Dealer's job to inform you the same.

Anyways, you could either check the point mentioned in PDI form on the forum or just ignore it now that you already have the vehicle.

:p heartsent for our mutual benefit .. !
  7. rishijaveri

rishijaveri

Ahmedabad
    Ah, i got a call from the dealer on 22 morning that the car is ready. i went to the showroom, inspected the car as i read in the forum earlier, okayed it paid the remaining amount got temporary numbers and drove out. all within 1 hour
    1 person likes this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Wow, outright cash payment::O. Did you get some discounts for the buying? What month manufactured car did you get?
    1 person likes this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Way to go man..!

Recipe for a happy purchase experience. Wish everyone was so fuss free and cool about buying stuff.

:p heartsent for our mutual benefit .. !
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Warm welcome to you. :)

What is surprising the most to me is that Punto is available as a rental car.