1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Gorgeous Italian Beauty !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by rohit tunga, Mar 21, 2011.

1. rohit tunga

rohit tunga Amatore

Bangalore
    So finally got my hands on my Linea(MJD Emotion Pck) !!!!!!!!
    There is this "sense of occasion" and an air of style whenever I see this car. So let me start off with the dealership stuff and then about the ownership of the car.

I had booked my car from Prerana Motors ( Lalbagh Road ) . The booking went really well and all the relevant information regarding the car was provided.We were so much impressed by the manner in which the Salesperson spoke with us, that we gave him the booking amount that day itself !!!!!

But, I guess from here on the "downhill" begins. Firstly, there was absolutely no contact from the dealer side about the status of the car.We were adamant that we wanted a 2011 model linea ( as the fit and finish is better than the previous ones ), even though the 2010 model was running with a 15000 exchange bonus.

Cut to the chase and we arrive at the day prior to the delivery. The previous evening I had to call the dealership "reminding" him that we will be coming to take delivery tomorrow. The executive said that all necessary details such as RTO,insurance is done.
    I asked him about the free accessories (mats, mud flaps, parking sensors and sunfilm ) to which he answered in the affirmative.By hearing his replies, I was pleasantly surprised and just couldn't sleep that night ( I guess all Linea owners know what i'm talking about ! )

So the delivery day arrives and we arrive at the showroom at 5 pm only to find out that the representative assigned to me was unavailable. Next, after waiting for 30 min or so ,another executive ( Head of Sales of Prerana motors ) comes to me and says that the car is in 3m showroom getting the final coat of polish and that I should wait for another 30 min.Fine, waited for an hour by now and I'm getting really frustrated as slowly all the staff there were leaving . I was worried that if the car was delivered in the night, then I would not observe if any defects present.

Anyways after waiting for 1hr 15 min at the dealership, I get the most dreaded message thus far. The Head of Sales comes up to me and says " Sir, Car cannot be delivered now at the showroom " . :firey This really angered me and when I asked him for the reason, he says that the car is stuck in traffic jam and its in Peenya.So by the time it arrives at here, the showroom will be closed.

But that day was an auspicious day for us and I was in no mood of letting go of this opportunity. Even though all financial stuff was cleared over a week ago, this is what I get ?????
    I remained adamant that I want the car no matter what come may. So after a lot of arguing they arrive to the conclusion that they'll deliver the car to my home .

I had no option but to agree and thankfully he arranged a vehicle to drop us to our homes. So at 8:00 pm , i hear the clatter of diesel in front of my home in Sahakarnagar. When I looked out, yes it was the linea.
    Now comes the bad news... None of the accessories was fitted ....Absolutely none.Then there was no Number plate fitted, just the Temporary Sticker( see pic below ) then the car was pretty dirty (definitely had not come from a 3m showroom) and the driver was, believe it or not , is one used for shipping Tata Ace,Winger,Magic etc... He had no clue about the working of the car and how much fuel was there in the car.

So people this is how a 10.5 lakh rupees car was delivered to me. In the middle of the evening, dusty,dirty, no accessories fitted,No number plates and driven by person who drives Goods Vehicle. :uh God save Fiat

Thinking better late than never we immediately took it to temple in Sahakarnagar for pooja.
    Then I get a call that the executive is on his way to my home to finish off all the paperwork. When he arrived at 9:00 pm, I gave him a piece of my mind and questioned his ethical behavior to which I always get a stand reply " I'm Extremely Sorry Sir ". But he promised me that the first thing he'll do tomorrow morning is arrange a driver to drive the car to the dealership and get all the accessories fitted.

The following morning, at 10:30 the driver arrived and to make sure that no more goof ups are made,I accompanied the driver to the dealership and got all the accessories fitted under my supervision.Finally at 3 in the afternoon the car was ready, shining as it should have and looking as gorgeous as ever.

So this was my dealership experience. Now its upto you guys to decide whether the service offered was bad or downright disgusting.Even now, no spare lights and fuses are provided and the Blue and Me doesn't recognize my voice although i'm able to hear the other person speak over the phone.

Here are some pictures after the accessories are fitted

I'll be posting about a recent outing near hosur tomorrow

phpFtmfwMPM.jpg

phpalaAYzPM.jpg

phpeBnZ9UPM.jpg

phplQPUNMPM.jpg

phpJOhpfLPM.jpg

phpMypBJUPM.jpg

phpil6rivPM.jpg

phpLwkviqPM.jpg

phpl08CpVPM.jpg

phpH9ob5lPM.jpg

phpZr5cEcPM.jpg

phplja4RQPM.jpg

phpNz9DmPPM.jpg

phpAc8MRIPM.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    gorgeous indeed. congrats. keep posting more pics
  3. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    congrats rohit tunga. Enjoy driving.. :car

One thing I want to say that you have a nice garage to place your beauty, Linea in Tuscan Wine really deserve that.
    I too own this same colour, but i have a open garage and my car carries a lot scratches. Please take, even very small scratch is visible on this colour.
  4. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Congrats on your new acquisition. Drive safe! But really felt bad on reading your D day experience. You have full right to rate the dealer as per your experience, when you get call from FIAT after your first service (3000 KM).

Well, enjoy the car and have a wonderful time together. Do post your experience with your car, as you drive more.

Cheers!
  5. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Awesome :)
    Congrats on your Italian Beauty ..... Give the right feedback to Fiat about the dealer...
    How much did the park sensor cost you?
  6. Hi Rohit, Congratulations.
    Excellent colour and would love to see more pictures of hers.

Happy motoring and have FIATfull days ahead.
  7. prakhar287

prakhar287

Pilibhit
    congrats rohit. Wishing you a happy journey with the car.
  8. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Congrats for owning the Italian Beauty.
    Happy FIATing and drive safe.
  9. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Congrats Rohit !!
    I guess i may get to see your car sometime as I am frequent visitor to sahakarnagar!! ;-)
  10. :wow Congrats Rohit for acquiring Tuscan Wine Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion.

Hope to see more joy and fun filled miles ahead with Linea. :drinks

Have you planned for any mods in future?