1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Gorgeous Italian Beauty Fiat Grande Punto Multijet

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Nadeem Ahmed VR 46, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Hi Folks...sorry for writing this post late.When i was young My Father bought a Maruti 800,it was their 1st car in which they learned to drive and after some years they sold off.Then after that they bought a Maruti Zen we used that vehicle for 6 yeras n then sold it off.after that we bought Hyudai Santro Xing,it was an excellent vehicle but due to some reasons my father sold it off.Then my fther bought Hyundai i10,he used it for 3 years.Our car was runing good but due to Petrol prices getting costlier day by day running cost was increasing.So my father sold it off.And now we were in search of a Diesel car.i and my father both were a big Fan of Fiat n their vehicles especially the new Punto and Linea..we were in search of a second hand car.Many car agents dont go for Punto u wont gt Resale value bt we didnt care.once we got a Punto of 2010 which had runned a lot and the price was also very high.And after that we got a Polo to see.We test drove it and we were impressed by it.we liked its handling,quality,sturdiness but its engine was very loud.The deal was done but the owner was little Ego minded,he didnt for the price we mentioned,we left Polo and again we were in search of Punto.A doctor had a Punto 90hp to sell,he didnt showed us the vehicle we left him.
    After 2-3 weeks my father got a call that a Punto Emotion Pack is there for sale.The car was 6 months old and had runned hardly something 1335 kms.We both went to see that vehicle.When i saw that car i was killed by its looks.i test drove that car and i was amazed by its ride and handling,renowned Multijet Engine,at that time i didnt knew that Fiat's engines are powering maruti and tata vehicles.We gave him Price of 6.20..The owner said i wont come below 6.50 thats my last offer,we went from there.My Father asked my mama n his frnd,they gave green flag n said go grab that offer and somehow i too convinced my father.The deal was done.We bought Punto for 6.50 lacs on July 4 2012:dancing:clap.Everybody praised for her looks,style,power,driveablity in city etc.After purchasing car my dad came to know its June 2011 manufactured.So it was a bit disheartening:sadblue.The owner had purchased Punto with onjan 25 2012 with huge discounts and he didnt said us anything about that.Got 1st and 2nd service done at Manickbag Automobiles,Hubli.Once it gave us 25 km/litre while returning from Hubli to Gadag in Morning with speed of 80-90 km/hr at correct 2000 rpm.She's rock solid on Highways.i drove Punto upto 120 and my dad drove upto 150 and in city Fiat has tuned its cars for driveability in city bcoz in india most people spend tim in city 70% and highway 30% so once you put 3rd gear she goes by herself only,no need of clutch and accelerator.The siadvantage of thsi is in highway when you want to beat a swift in drag you cant beat bcoz Punto has short gearing.:uhWhen somebody drives this car they would be shocked by its drive.I m in Love with Fiat Punto:).Posting some snaps sorry for picture quality.Plz excuse me. Photo-0051.jpg Photo-0033.jpg Photo-0030vbghsdzx.jpg Photo-0027.jpg Photo-0001cz.jpg DSC06152.jpg DSC06173.jpg DSC06176.jpg Photo-0038.jpg
    7 people like this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    She is beautiful. Good Choice and i am sure many will agree that a drag race or any kind of race on public roads is shameful act and childish too. If some swift/polo/Boat wants to race, i would just prefer them to run like hell. ;)
    2 people like this.
  3. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Gadag
    Thank u.u r right.they should run like hell.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I love this angle of Punto.She looks like a sturdy built hatchback.

DSC06152.jpg
    3 people like this.
  4. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Nadeem, your ride looks beautiful.
    Wishing you a lot of happy miles with the ride.
  5. mayank

mayank Amatore

welcome to tfi nadeem :) and congrats for your beauty. I am sure this car will surely make you fall in love more n more with each passing day or moment you have a look at it :p Just don't involve yourself in any drag race. Just drive safe and in control. Just Let those swift guys and all those koreans get jealous of your white horse
    3 people like this.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Nadeem,

Congrats for your white beauty! Wish you happy miles with Punto :steering
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Gadag
    Thanx a lot.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thank u.yes u r right day by day i m falling in love more n more with her.k i wont do that.they get jealous by seeing FIAT'S cars which attracts them.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thank u.n wish u happy miles too.
  8. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Gadag
    Hi Folks..i have some queries..Our Punto is manufactured in June 2011 and delivery was taken by first party of our car owner on 25th jan 2012..so if a car is ther in factory or dealer's stockyard for 6-7 months is it okay?n car's underbody is getting rust?should we do underbody coating n how much does it cost??n last que our car's tyres are manufactured in sep 2010,on tyres it's written as 3610(3+6=9) means manufactured in 36th week of 2010 i.e.,september 2010)is it okay??..y fiat is not manufacturing its car's parts at a time??tyres r manufactured in sep 2010 n car is manufactured in june2011..:eek:
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats for the having the Italian Pearl.
    Let the Japanese and the Koreans pass you as they are light weight and might be they will fly off from the tarmac........
    The Japanese and the Korean drivers are well aware of the capability of the FIAT and they never mess with FIAT's above 110 kmph and on curves and bumps....

Yeah do the Under Body Coating before the monsoon..

Enzoi your Pearl and have a safe drive, The engine gets smoother the Kms punch by...
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. Nadeem first of all congrats for buying one of the best hatchback in india..
    You need not worry about your car being manufactured in 2011, usually the car remains in fiat stockyard and once an order is placed comes to dealer stockyard.
    You akready have bought the car so its wise enough to not crack your head whether you paid more money than you should have..
    Tyres are not a big problem, anyways you will be replacing them once it crosses 40k kms(approx)

You need not worry about corrosion, nowadays cars already come with a layer if antirust paint for the underbody, you can go for antirust treatment during your 3rd service, it will approximately cost 4-5k..
    But I would suggest better get it done outside at 3m.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.