1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Goodyear tyre bursts and underbody body damage - need assistance

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by karthiknan, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    karthiknan, sad to hear the damages. The GoodYear GT3 in fact is heck of tough tire. I can think of two possibilities if manufacturing defect is taken out of equation.

1) Your tyres must have already suffered. Bang on a pothole, tiny sidewall crack etc.

2) As experts quoted, the tire pressure. Its easy to believe that the tyres have x psi but do remember they lose pressure over time and sometimes as much as 2 psi over couple of week (or less). Leaky valves, tiny punctures all can contribute to air escape.

I follow a habit of correcting cold air pressure (32-33 psi) on every fill and before every long trip. I tend to keep an eye on pressure gague while refilling air to figure out which tyre looses most. Out of many things on earth, tyre burst scare me the most :D

BTW, I am happily running on MRF ZLO tyres on the worst roads of the season. Going strong, happy and grippy!
  2. karthiknan

karthiknan Novizio

Hyderabad
    well care has been taken at every step but it was unavoidable. but now searching for a new and better tyre sure is hectic. cant just go in any tyre shop and say i want this one after reading lots of reviews here and too much gyaan from the tyre dealers. some may say the truth and some try to butter, but researching in the market sure is difficult even in multibrand show rooms
  3. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    check appollo aceleres....those are one of tough tyres.
  4. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    Would suggest either PLC or MY02, MY02 will be money well spent... sad to hear about the tyre bursts that too twice
  5. karthiknan

karthiknan Novizio

Hyderabad
    have narrowed down my options to michelin primacy lc or primacy 3st or yoko cdrive ac01.need your suggestions.also would like to know whether there would be any issue if i upgrade the tyre size from 195/60 to 195/65 apart from speedo errors. what about fuel efficiency. 2 of the dealer i visited in hyderabad have suggested to go for for 195/65 saying that there are no issues till. they also silent on the fuel efficiency part
  6. If your car has 185 mm GC,stick to 195/60.
  7. openguru

openguru Timido

Bangalore
    As far as I know 32 PSI is the recommended pressure under full load.

Regarding Goodyear, did you formally raise complaint & let Goodyear engineer inspect your tyres? The reason I am asking because, I recently got my faulty GT3 replaced under warranty. One of my tyre had started to wobble.
  8. karthiknan

karthiknan Novizio

Hyderabad
    they came, they saw and they said that the bursts are due to impact and thus they will not cover it under warranty. the worst part was that both the cuts on the tyre are on the same place. he did not even listen to me and simply said, he can't do anything

since its the new model, hence 185mm GC and so coz of that 196/65 r15 is also under option. considering the same due to price diff being not too much