1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Goodyear NCT 5 Vs Apollo Accelere

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Parantap Chatterjee, Oct 24, 2012.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Would really help us timidos and amatores if you guys mention if the exchange price is for the set of 5 existing tyres or is it for each tyre.

I have used Pirelli on my BMW, Michelin XM1+ and then Continental Eco Contact on my Palio and now Apollo Aceleres on my T-Jet. While the Pirelli was the best in terms of performance, the Michelin was the quietest by a very wide margin.

Rajan
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    The only drawback I found was lighter steering apart from that nothing to complain really. Please go through this thread for further info.
  3. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    4500 is for each tire
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The better of the options are listed below

1. Michelin PLC (very silent tyres because these are comfort tyres but prone to sidewalls damage if you have too many rough roads to bother and not bother about driving slow on rough patches)
    2. Yokohoma AVS Decibel V550 - its a comfort tyre similar to PLC but priced lower than PLC.
    3. Yokohoma A Drive R1 - On the sportier side, so not too sure if it can reduce the tyre noise.

Goodyear Eagle NCT5 are decent tyres albeit with a higher road noise compared to Michelins or Yokohamas. However with odo at 44xx kms, the tyres seems to have settled in. A little lower tyre pressure than recommended helps to in keep the tyre noise low.

Are you sure C drives are available in 205/55 R16 profile?

Seems to be a decent exchange price for the tyres which have run 500 kms. Haggle a bit more for the tyre.
  5. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    Yokohoma AVS Decibel V550 is Unidirectional and cant be used for other side in case of emergency butits quiter than any other mentioned here.
  6. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
  7. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Got the C-Drives today. Thanks everybody for your inputs :)