1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Goodyear NCT 5 Vs Apollo Accelere

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Parantap Chatterjee, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi ,

My TJet plus came with Goodyear NCT 5 as OEM . I have noticed the road noise to be on the higher side - hence considering replacing the tyres. Does anybody have any idea how the road noise of the Apollo Acceleres compares to the Goodyear's ?

2. senthilraj

senthilraj Amatore

coimbatore
    hi

Goodyear NCT5 is a good tyre..if u feel the noise is more then go for the upgrade or else u can use the same.. i would suggest to go for Yokohama in case ur going for the upgrade..
  3. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    you can try yokohoma C drive or Michelin PLC too.
  4. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have used both NCT5 & Accelere's & both are both good tyres, but tyre noise is same in both the cases. Incase you need to reduce tyre noise then it has to be yokos' or michelin's.

Kiran
  5. Parantap Chatterjee

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks ! Reviews of the C drives seem to be generally positive - with a a few people mentioning the soft sidewalls..

The tyre shop is quoting 8150 per tyre and buyback of 4500 for the 500 km run goodyears.

If the price is fair..ill probably get them this weekend
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Sorry to burst everyone's bubble here.. But havent C drives become very old now?
    I mean the DOT might say its a new tyre but the tyre/rubber technology on it ,isnt that quite old?
  7. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    8150 is too high, i was quoted 5550 per tyre for 195 60 R15 C drive tyres and buy back of Rs 3000 for new gt3 in chennai
  8. Parantap Chatterjee

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    8150 is for 205/55/16 - the OEM size in the TJet plus
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    If you're okay with the steering getting a bit lighter you would be fine with C-Drives. If you care more about handling, steering feedback continue using the GY's. If you've some more moolah plonk it on the Michelin PLC's - they are all rounders and keep you happy in all fronts.
  10. Parantap Chatterjee

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Since Ive been driving a honda with its EPS over the past year , a slightly lighter steering in the TJet would be quite alright :). Is there any particular area where the C Drives do not score ? Michelin's might be a little out of budget .