1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

GOOD VISION IN DOWNPOUR

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by M_V, Jun 12, 2010.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Impressive
  2. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Did any one notice better visibility at rain with windshield sun control film?
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Sun I am using Garware in my windshield & frankly speaking I am planning to remove it. The problems I am facing are 1) Mist forms easily on the sun control film when it rains. Of course switching on A/C will remove this. But it forms pretty quick with the film on. 2) There are many tiny minute dots which has formed in the film which is making my night driving a bit inconvenient especially during rain. (The dot formation is due to air which gets trapped in between the film & windshield & yes it is due to poor installation. The 1st installation was improper & I had asked them to re-fix it. After the re-fixin it was proper for a month or so & then these dots started forming.) As the OEM windshield itself is tinted, I would personally recommend to stay away from it . There are people who are much satisfied with this. In a place where the roads are properly lit, they can use it without much trouble.
  5. ops

ops Amatore

Kathmandu
    Nepal
    Punto Abarth
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I too had removed it due to improper installation. But I didn't get a chance to test it in rain. I am thinking if sunglasses work, this should also work. For people who use spectacles this film will be helpful in rain.But need to confirm it.
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    No way. I am using spects & sometimes it glares like hell.
  8. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

when i bought the car.. the windshield repelled water like this.. but dint last for very long.. hardly a month..
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Even if wiper go wrong we can manage some how with this coating.
  10. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto