1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

GOOD VISION IN DOWNPOUR

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by M_V, Jun 12, 2010.

1. M_V

M_V Timido

Mumbai
    GOOD VISION IN A DOWNPOUR

How to achieve good vision while driving during a heavy downpour. I can vouch for this!!

We are not sure why it is so effective just try this method when it rains heavily.
    This method was told by a Police friend who had experienced and confirmed it.
    It is useful...even driving at night.

Most of the motorists would turn on HIGH or FASTEST SPEED of the wipers during
    heavy downpour, yet the visibility in front of the windshield is still bad......
    In the event you face such a situation, just try your SUN GLASSES (any model will
    do), and miracle! All of a sudden, your visibility in front of your windshield is
    perfectly clear, as if there is no rain. Make sure you always have a pair of SUN
    GLASSES in your car, as you are not only helping yourself to drive safely with good
    vision, but also might save your friend's life by giving him this idea...

Try it yourself and share it with your friends! Amazing, you still see the drops on
    the windshield, but not the sheet of rain falling. You can see where the rain
    bounces off the road. It works to eliminate the "blindness" from passing cars/ trucks spraying
    you too. Or the "kick up" if you are following a truck or car in the rain.

CHEEEERS

MV
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I have been using Sun Glasses for several years, but I am not sure if any type of sun glasses would suit.
    I have good experience with Polarizing Sun Glasses. They are slightly more expensive, but definitely worth the cost. I always wear polarizing sunglasses whenever I am out on the road be it on a car or a bike. :cool
    Fast Track from Titan has good polarizing sunglasses from Rs.1200/- upwards.
  3. Do you really need sunglasses. Won't a pair of plain poloraized glasses work?
  4. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

I guess it would be any polarized glasses..

And sunglasses maybe for the night time driving to avoid the on coming high beams... (dangerous, i definitely would not suggest using sunglasses at nights)
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    :uh How stupid of me. Yes.. Polarizing is what makes the difference. If you have polarized plain glasses, that should be perfect.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bit strange to read that sunglass helps visibility in heavy rain, but good to know.
  7. Well a polarized glass either plain or a sunglass will work.
  8. aditya

aditya Timido

Pune
    That's an interesting and useful bit of information. Thanks for sharing!
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    This is a useful information. Let me try next time I go at night in rain.
  10. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

The whole idea of wearing a sun-glass in rain seems to be a bit strange.. but an information worth a try