1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Good Tyres in Front or Rear?

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by 5u3zEr0, Apr 20, 2014.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Yes. Good tyres always at the back. That is the way it should be.

Read further here

And another video as well.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    6 people like this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i lost the traction from rear as the rear tire were old and the front new were brand new.This happened without my knowledge and very scary too.
    The point was always better to put old tires in front and new tires in rear.
  3. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

This was one of the major reason for my accident... Aquaplaning happened due to the weak rear tire. Front were new
    1 person likes this.
  4. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Shashank ek accident and you became a living legend... :D
    1 person likes this.
  5. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Linea 1.3
    Ganges, i was never pointing out which option is best, both has plus and negatives. I quoted best tyres in front and better tyres in rear, not Bald tyres. And since i am completely aware of this phenomenon and enjoyed lots of fun with using handbrakes for rear slides, i take double precaution in wet and in straight line, i dont mind much as fronts do the biting.

But had i not known this, i too would have learnt it a hard way. Btw, unless driven at 100% concentration, if the rear slips we will never counter steer. In normal driving, we will never counter steer and hence most will not be aware. So your point of being in control is pretty much valid to all.
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    Yesterday I was reading a book titled "Driving Holidays across India" and came across an article by automotive journalist Rishaad Saam Mehta and Muraad Ali Baig, in which there was a section named "Put your best tyre forward".

I am uploading an image of this page for everybody's benefit and I am reiterating the fact that mixing tyres in the front and back is a bad idea and should not be done except with utmost caution.

7. royj

royj Esperto

What can I say. This just confirms my impression about the overall knowledge level of the 'auto journos' here.
    Don't get me wrong, there are good ones, few and far between.
    1 person likes this.