1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

good to be around with like minded people

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Drkannan, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Drkannan

Drkannan

coimbatore
    Hi Fiatians,

This Dr. Kannan from coimbatore. I own a 1955 fiat 1100 millecento, this car has been with us for more than last 50 years...its been one in our family and my dad had it very close to his heart till he passed away last march. My dad valued it more than anything in his life..... So in his remembrance i thought to restore it to its originality as close as possible (it already is to its originality) so that my dad's soul will rest in peace that I'm taking care of his car just like he did.

So while searching for the spares on-line came to know about the fiat world that is already active... so thought to become a member so that i can have your valuable guidness in restoring my dads & my 1955 beauty.

I have slowly started collecting spares but still to get some more spares...contacted various people in Hyderbad, Banglore , Kochi, bombay & here in Coimbatore also. Will post a picture of the car later.

take care & bye bye.
    7 people like this.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Welcome aboard Dr. Kannan,

That is a true classic you have there. Keep us updated on the restoration. :)
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome to TFI Dr. kannan...

Please share your experiences with us. As you are the one who feel this legend from your childhood days...... :)
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Ah! Another Doctor from Coimbatore. :)

There is another member nskumar who is also a Doctor. Get in touch with him. He may help you to source the parts.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome to TFI.. Whaaaoo!! 1955 Fiat 1100 ... Shall be glued to this thread now :clapPlease do keep us posted regarding your restoration updates of this classic beauty..
  6. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ
    welcome sir, you can check with cvanandh as well. He has 2 beauties :)
  7. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Welcome to TFI, DrKannan.
    Looking forward to your restoration job details and pictures.
    Yeah CVanandh can help you with some of your spares and restoration queries. :)
  8. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome Dr. Nice to see you here with a 1955 model.
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome Dr. to TFI
    Do post the pictures as this will be a Special Eye Drops for us. and do restore it in Original Shape, The same thing i feel when we sold our Padmini. I should have forced to keep it...
    Which Car do you currently Posses.
    1 person likes this.