1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Good Restaurants on the way to Belgaum

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sachin koltekar, Mar 5, 2015.

1. sachin koltekar

sachin koltekar Novizio

Andheri east
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Missed Mumbai FIAT team meet due to personal reason; but the commitment given to wifey for long drive I have to keep my words.

Had tough time deciding the place for 3 days journey due to climate change and same time got a call from friend who is working in Delhi but her native is in Belgaum, she is in long vacation and will be in Belgaum for 3 weeks; she invited us for HOLI festival. Updated her that we will postponed the plan and decided to meet her on March 13, 2015 – March 15, 2015.

I am starting on 13th @ 5am morning via NH4, Total KM 505 oneway.

My query is about good restaurants on the way where family members can use the toilet facility, also some good food joints veg/non-veg.

Any good places to visit on the way.

All suggestions are welcome as i may halt for photoshot as well in pune/satara/kolhapur.
  2. Omar

Omar Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hello Sachin - I have traveled numerous times on this route. However there are limited options on NH near Belgaum. When I am with family, we always go inside Belgaum city for lunch/dinner.

En route, there are a couple of restaurants (One - near the Goa exit (Veg only) and second, just before you hit Hubli-Dharwad - [Non Veg]).

If you are coming towards Bangalore from Mumbai, the hotel near Goa exit will be on your right hand side. The one near Hubli - Dharwad will be onto your left.

The hotel near the Goa exit is pretty decent with clean restrooms and separate family rooms. However, the same cant be said for the other one. Its functional at best and mostly frequented by truckers.

My personal experience - once you cross Kolhapur then the options reduce considerably on the road. This is my individual opinion though...

If you have time try to visit Kaas Plateau in Satara. Its around 20kms from Satara city. May not be the best season to visit, but always worth a glance.

Safe travels and please do post pics of your journey.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015