1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Good Job by Bangalore Police, hope all city police will adopt this kind of action.

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by BoseSuman, Mar 13, 2013.

1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Saw this post in Team-BHP today, glad to see the action from Bangalore police. Hope all city police will adopt this kind of quick action, also if all citizens will help police by this way too.

Details are posted here:-

Hats off to Bangalore police. - Team-BHP
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    This is good presence of mind and prompt action from B Police

You have similar communities for Delhi and Gurgaon Police as well Traffic Police on FB since long

Based on the pics uploaded, they even challan the defaulter and keep posting traffic updates etc
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    That's real fast. A good use of technology & social media. I think each state, each district police should logged into FB. People will happily post the issues easily without filing any FIRs & complaints which no body likes. But everyone will like & share such posts in FB for sure. :)
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I saw this on facebook, really great job, hope they continue this.

fb.jpg
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The need of the hour is a proper process and professionalism in the Police department. While a section of the department has done a good job while the other was harrassing a person who met in an accident in the middle of the night for money. What we certainly want is a consistent approach from them.
  6. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, India shining started, Today saw the FaceBook complaints to Kolkata traffic police & action taken by them. They informed the same to the FB user in their page. Multiple incident.

Now we don't need this only in metro cities, we need the same in each state, each city.
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    It is similar to a SC. The owners / top brass sign up here and promise the moon, while the mechanics - people who actually work on our cars - use it to drop their friends under the guise of a TD and put dents on our doors, not to mention greasy palm prints on our seats. Mr. M.A. Saleem comes on FB and posts a lot of things, while life has not changed much for the poor constable standing at the road corner, inhaling all the noxious fumes all day long and dealing with the educated illiterate lot, who are always in a hurry to get somewhere.

This incident is more of an exception than the norm. I fervently hope that one day this becomes the norm. A deterrent is always more effective than punishment.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  8. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i dont know how many noticed this comment, rightly put up by a fellow citizen :
    Hats off to Bangalore Police! Eve-Teasers caught after Facebook complaint - Page 2 - Team-BHP
    "I do not know the background of the FB post. For some people, the traffic finger involuntarily goes up when people drive like morons. If a pic of traffic finger is posted on FB, is it a big enough offense for the person to be hunted down and held in custody? what is to prove that the car did not almost kill the biker? Sorry, I am skeptical about everyone that I don't know.

Statistics, probability and prior experience of driving around with women tell me that in all likelihood these guys could have been eve-teasing, and offended the person who posted it on FB. I sincerely hope the cops interrogated the FB poster and the women that were teased, had them come to the police station, file a complaint/FIR, and followed the due process."

I also hope they investigate this matter properly before they take action against those two men and ruin their life. As mentioned exactly, many of us would also have showed middle finger on road out of utter frustration coz of not dipping high beams at night, and seeing the careless driving of others which puts our lives to risk.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    I would like to mention another incident here, as i found this place to be most apt to discribe about that. Recently an incident happened at trivandrum, where a college girl named amritha was ''supposedly'' eve teased at around 10 o clock when she was having food from a wayside eatery and she resorted to hit those men, she immediately publicized the incident through various social media and news n channels ,taking credit that 'WOMAN HITS MEN BLACK N BLUE', and she was the centre of attraction in all TV, radio, paper, etc. Blame the media for overacting to this incident for a few days. The police had to immediately take action against those two men who were govt employees. Due to various pressures from the 'contacts' of that young lady, those two men were dismissed from their dept , add to that, the tortures from police and social agony they had to face from the society. Even the magistrate who ordered an inquiry into this case before taking action against the men was TRANSFERRED !!
    BUT the truth was revealed when the CCTV camera placed at that location. Thanks to RTI act, some private news channel doubted the authenticity of the case and filed a petition to get the cct footage at the tim mentioned by her. I shall share the link of that here. The case was found to be a petty parking issue, where the lady n her family resorted to violence when those men asked them to move their car or so. also it was revealed that it was her friends n family members who beat the hell out of those men and not HER( which she publicized all over net).

shashi tharoor even felicitated her for breaking LAWS TO beat the men in public !! an award wasted!! : https://twitter.com/ShashiTharoor/status/303446646350557184

here is the link to the cctv footage, mallus can read the description of the video :
    Now you can also go through this video which was earlier telecasted in an TV interview by asianet showcasing the so called brave feats of a girl who beat the poor men in the streets with her karate kungfu skills she learned over time !! you ll laugh your ass off when you see these two videos together:
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  9. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Traffic Police - Bangalore expects you to click & upload pics of violations/violators for action to be taken - but they rarely take (visible) punitive action when on the streets ;
    it's not difficult come across their lack of commitment to duty.

I will not comment on L&O cops. I respect them even if I am not required to..... the same with Fauzis.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013