1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Good ICE Installer in Mumbai

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by winimation, Mar 23, 2014.

1. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi Guys,

I have bought an Blaupunkt XLF 200a active subwoofer from Snapdeal. The subwoofer is ready to use as both amplifier & speaker are housed in one unit which can be fitted under the seat. It just needs a power source with High level sound/ RCA. However, since I bought it from snapdeal, i have to get it installed seperately. To me it sounds to be a simple set-up so i thought of getting the wiring done through a installer in Mumbai. I looked around & got varying quotes. Popular Car store in malad West is asking for 2800 for the wiring kit & another guy is asking for 1500/- I have two cars (Linea & Punto) so i wanted the wiring to be done in both the cars so that the subwoofer becomes a Plug & play setup. Popular will charge double the amount for wiring for two cars & the other guys is asking 2k for both the cars. Both have confirmed , they will not cut the wires while connecting.

My question is
    - Does it cost so much to do just the wiring, that too when the wiring is supplied alongwith the subwoofer. I just need to power it from the car battery & connect the output from the front door speakers as a line input to the amplifier.
    - Any good installer, who can install it in Mumbai for a value for money price? I'm mentally not prepared to shell out more than 1500 as I have already invested a lot on the active subwoofers
    - What would be the right placement for Linea. UnderSeat or the boot? The boot in Linea seems to be tightly insulated so i may not get the improved sound quality from an active subwoofer. Should I install it in the under seat.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Try Classic Auto, Malad-West.

Cost depends on wiring kit. I suggest you invest in a good wiring kit within your budget. Classic guy had branded wirings as well for various budgets. Will your car have an Active Sub + extra Amplifier for components/co-axials for front and rear wiring. Because that will increase work (labour)? If active car sub is installed below front co-passenger seat, wiring costs may reduce.

classic.jpg
  3. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    Thanks Prabhu.. I have few questions. What is a wiring kit actually? & how much difference does it make in the quality between different brands. Along with the active subwoofer, i'm getting the following contents. Do I still need to buy a good wiring kit separately?

Blaupunkt XLf 200 A
    Scope of delivery

• Subwoofer enclosure
    • Adapter cable for highlevel, power supply and ground connection
    • Fuse 10A
    • User manual
    • Installation material: metal strip, special screws

The components & the rear speaker will be powered by the head Unit. So the installation will be only for the active subwoofer under the front seats for power & speaker signal. The company also provides an accessory which i don't have(Easy Power Connector- Sold separately) through which I can power the subwoofer.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Since you dont need extra wiring, for components you might as well not spend on a wiring kit. Better quality wiring ensures signal losses are at minimum and that the wire is capable of specific loads, and can demand a premium depending on size and make.

Since you have 2 cars, for one car you will need to buy extra wiring (maybe kit or loose as per length) that has a plug and play capability. For the other the factory provided wiring may be used. The subwoofer may be moved from one car to next, wiring will remain intact in channels.

Try to figure out why the installer is suggesting that he needs to splice wires where needed. As much as possible factory crimped cables like one provided by Blaupunkt are good and ensure better seal as far as connections are concerned. The cleaner the install the better.

Hope the installer can figure it out.
  5. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    Have checked with Classic Auto. he is quoting a labour charge of 700-800/-.If wiring is required then he has option for different wiring kits 1400/, 2200/-. But he told me he would require 3 hrs for one car. Is he right?
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Go for loose wire. Wiring kit can become expensive for your budget. Besides, you are not using amp. for components whole wiring kit cannot be used eitherways.

Is he quoting per car or lumpsump amount of labour..?
  7. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    He is quoting per car. I cannot drive both the cars together so he was saying get the other one later on? I drive Linea more for which i was actually looking for a subwoofer so was thinking of using the factory supplied wires & installing it first in linea. & later I would consider it for Punto

But is Classic Auto or the other guy you were referring to a good installer? Have you worked with him.
    Are you free today evening?